Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some new sound gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some new sound gear

Hi all. Wanted to put this out there - I already have an Alto TS115A PA, which I got as a birthday present a couple of years ago and which I absolutely love. Really crisp, clear sound, good handling of lows, mids, and highs, or at least as far as I can tell everything in my studio is wired into that thing through my mixer when I use it alone, the guitarists in my band sometimes use other PAs/speakers when we jam together, but I love that PA system and how it handles the backing track, my drums, etc. It's loud and rocking and neat.

This weekend, I shall hopefully (I managed to convince my wife of this, somehow) be picking up two Soundtech 600W bass bins. I was looking originally at one of the 1200W Alto bass bins to go with my speaker, but it was far too expensive at the time, and then this deal for x2 Soundtechs came along second hand (only one owner, only used a handful of times) and I just found it really tough to say no. I figure, long term I want another Alto TS115 anyway, so I am fully set up for stereo when that (if that) happens. For now, will have great (loud) sound through the one speaker I have, and some thumping bass as well! Good thing I have my own place with no downstairs neighbours...and we're gonna have keep it dialed in a little below 11...

Anyone have experience with the Soundtech 18" 600W bass bins and can offer any suggestions on best use? Ha, as my band says, they can't throw me out, I have the PA system!
    TD12/TD4/Sonor A2E Hybrid, Fender Stratocaster-esque guitar, plastic guitars, drums, turntable - games originally got me into drumming. Along with musical role models.

Well, picked up the bass bins this morning, haven't hooked them up yet. The guy selling did demo them for me though, and I think these will be monsters. Both bins for a really cheap price.
    TD12/TD4/Sonor A2E Hybrid, Fender Stratocaster-esque guitar, plastic guitars, drums, turntable - games originally got me into drumming. Along with musical role models.

Comment

Well, picked up the bass bins this morning, haven't hooked them up yet. The guy selling did demo them for me though, and I think these will be monsters. Both bins for a really cheap price. Anyone have any experience with these?

Comment

Coll. You can never go wrong with good bottom end..
        8 piece DIY Acrylic, 2x2Box DrumIt5, Gen16 4xDCP, DIY Acrylic&Gen16 Conversions, Sleishman Twin-QuadSteele hybrid, Gibraltar&DrumFrame rack, DW9502LB, Midi Knights Pro Lighting
        http://www.airbrushartists.org/DreamscapeAirbrushRealm

Comment

Working...
        X