Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TD 15 brain on a TD 12 set?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD 15 brain on a TD 12 set?

Hi all, Is it possible to put a TD 15 brain on a TD 12 set? Is there enough of a difference to make it worth while? Thanks!

You would lose positional sensing capability, but you would gain anti-machine gunning technology; "SuperNatural" and realistic cymbal swells.

You would lose 1 input, but gain better sounds - VEXed TD15 would sound better than a TD12 I recon. (Just not a huge leap away from the sounds you're already used too)

A TD15 would be a better portable module. But you could keep the TD12 instead and invest the money on a Focusrite 2i4 and VSTs.
    ◾ Diamond Drums 4pc in Di-Noc carbon ◾ MegaDRUM
    ◾ Roland UA-1010 / cymbals / KT-10 (x2) ◾ Tama / Gibraltar hardware ◾ JBL LSR3 Series 2.1 Monitoring ◾ Pearl THMP-1
    PA Comparison Sheet

Comment

I don't have any experience with the TD-15 module so I can't comment on whether the sounds are any better than on the TD-12. What I do like about the TD-12 that's not available on the TD-15 are the faders/sliders that you can adjust on the fly for the different drum sounds. It would be a real pain to have to dig into the module to make these adjustments. I also think the cymbal swells on the TD-12 are fine and I like having the additional input. I've head the headphone volume is better on the 12 than the 15, but have not checked this out myself.
      Roland TD-12, Pearl DRX-1 tom and snare pads, Roland PD-8 pads for cymbals, DW pedals and stands, Pearl and Gibraltar hardware

Comment

I'd keep the TD-12 and add VSTs. Try Steven Slate Drums Platinum or Superior Drummer. You'll have far better sounds than the TD-15. If portability of an all-in-one module solution is your need (which I understand you may want for gigging) the TD15 could be a better option for you. I had one for about 6 months and really liked it. Then moved up to the TD-30.
        ATV aDrums & aD5, Pearl Mimic Pro & DIY, eDRUMin 10, Agean R-series Silent Cymbals, Roland Handsonic HPD-20.

Comment

Thank you so much guys!

Comment

Working...
          X