Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Behringer PowerPlay Mixer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Behringer PowerPlay Mixer

Behringer P16-M PowerPLAY 16-Channel Digital Personal Mixer

Anyone using this in their band for personal monitoring? Seems like a kick butt system. My guitar player just bought one as well as the main module. My band is trying to go to a in ear monitor system for the band but no matter how you slice it, it's gonna run each band member about $1000 to get equipped for such an endeavor. Just curious if anyone else is using these with an In Ear component or as is direct to a wedge.

K ;-)
    My bands: Alter Ego, Arcanum
    E Kit = Roland TDW-20s kit // Roland SPD-S// Pearl Demon Drives//
    A Kit = Tama Swingstar 5 pc (1981) w/roto toms (orig owner!) //Zildjians
    A Kit = Natal 6 pc with Paiste 2000 & Zildjian/MidiKNights/DrumSplitters

I've been eying these for quite some time. The whole system seems reasonable enough if it actually does what it says. I just don't want to get stuck with the Behringer curse or get something like the Nady PEM 500 series (which I do have) that while it does work....is not exactly reliable all the time. Sometimes you get what you pay for...sometimes you get much more. Let me know how it goes with these. Price point is right....just get a really good pair if IEMs to go with it. That's one aspect you don't want to scrimp on.
    8 piece DIY Acrylic, 2x2Box DrumIt5, Gen16 4xDCP, DIY Acrylic&Gen16 Conversions, Sleishman Twin-QuadSteele hybrid, Gibraltar&DrumFrame rack, DW9502LB, Midi Knights Pro Lighting
    http://www.airbrushartists.org/DreamscapeAirbrushRealm

Comment

We've been using the system since it became available. For the cost, I've been happy with it. The price has gone up a bit since we purchased, but we'd do it again if we needed to replace the system. My only "complaints" are that the EQ section is weak and the limiter is overly aggressive... I run it wide open and don't generally crank the volume, but I'll still hear it engage occasionally. The guys in the band who use the analog outputs into wireless IEM systems say they don't hear it, so my guess is that its only applied to the amplified headphone output (I run wired). Those are minor issues and for a few hundred bucks each, it makes a nice personal monitoring system for our band.
      ChromeBoy/JmanWord Drop-in Triggers, PD-125, A to EZ Cymbals, F.A.T. Pedals, TD-20+TDW-20, SPD-S

Comment

Wow thanks guys!!! Appreciate the feedback.

And yes Daniel, appreciate the heads up on the IEM buds....I already had this discussion with the band. Me and the other lead vocalist will definitely need at least a 5 driver type set up, other band members might get by with a 3 driver type to save money. I really love Westones and will most likely get a set of those. Seems like the minimum buy in for a good transmitter/receiver pack for said ear buds is like around $500 for a name brand like Shure.

K
        My bands: Alter Ego, Arcanum
        E Kit = Roland TDW-20s kit // Roland SPD-S// Pearl Demon Drives//
        A Kit = Tama Swingstar 5 pc (1981) w/roto toms (orig owner!) //Zildjians
        A Kit = Natal 6 pc with Paiste 2000 & Zildjian/MidiKNights/DrumSplitters

Comment

Behringer have really started to execute...the involvement with Midas preamps, Klark-Technique and Turbosound have really moved them into an another higher division. The X32 series of mixers connected over their Ultranet network and the opportunity to connect several P-16M:s seems be a nice solution! Also the fact by just using a ipad and occupie one of the 8 monitor sends from the X32 + a headphone amp + a pair of nice IEM buds...will do the trick! You will be able to control your own monitor sound completely.

ANGR77
          Pearl CrystalBeat and Sonor Safari, Roland CY-14/13R/15R/12CR,RT-10/30,BT-1,VH-11/12/13 & KD-10, Dingbat,Triggera D14, D11, ATV AD-h14, PCY-155, 120MHz MD with PS board, 2box 3/5/5MKII, dd4SE, Yamaha DTX502, Addictive Drums 2.1.19. All ADpaks, Microsoft Surface PRO, Macbook, Pearl Throne Thumper, Zourman HH & Ride Conv Kit www.zourman.com

Comment

I use a Behringer RX1202FX in my rack because I like to control my own mix. FOH send me the other stuff down one line so I can get a full band/vox mix, but I find I like to keep my toms and cymbals lower than is ideal for FOH and my snare a bit hot. I go direct out and split it so what I do in my mix affects only me. Works the same weather in ears or in a wedge, I love it.

I learned a long time ago, the less I have to compromise, the better. I still bring my own rig to every gig, even when it's a full blown 52 ch monitor board with dedicated engineer. I like having the ability to notch my snare up or down in the middle of a song in my mix if needed.

It takes me 2 minutes to have a mix I'm happy with, the guys asking our sound guy take about 15 because it's hard to explain to someone else what you want, instead of just doing it yourself. Plus, I don't have to ask him to mute me on stage if I want to cue something up in phones before we start, etc.
            TD50 Digital Pack, TD30 and TD9 Modules, custom made pads, Gen16 crashes, and hats plus a few other things that I'm not sure what to do with or why they're still in my kit. Bands: Espada http://www.musicaespada.com/ and JamCo https://www.facebook.com/JamcoEntertainment, https://www.jamcoband.com/

Comment

I also use a Behringer RX1202FX (rack mount version) to control my own mix when I mic any of my acoustic kits for gigs. I've been very pleased with it.
              Roland TD-30, VH-13, 2 pcs CY-12c, Alesis DM Pro 14" three zone ride, Pintech Concertcast dual zone: 12" snare, 2 pcs 10" toms, 12" tom, 12" kick, Gibraltar rack, DW 9000 or Axis A pedal, Gibraltar HH stand, DW snare stand, DIY "Butkicker" style tactile transducer system using Aura shakers.

Comment

Working...
              X