Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Johannesburg!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Johannesburg!

Greetings, all. My family and I (along with my kit) are shortly headed off to Johannesburg for a year long work assignment. Is there anyone out there either from Joburg or someone who's stayed there for any length of time who can recommend any good drum teachers there? No way I'm taking a year off! I will most def stay in touch/on line from there. Thanks!
    TD-30++ (TD-30, Diamond Electronic Drums 14x5 snare+Ludwig Atlas Pro II, 2xPDX-8, 2xPDX-6, VH-11+Gibraltar 9607DL-LD, 2xCY-12C, CY-13R, KT-10) + DA200S, almost all on an MDS-4 and a bit on the floor.

Ah well. Will play it by ear!
    TD-30++ (TD-30, Diamond Electronic Drums 14x5 snare+Ludwig Atlas Pro II, 2xPDX-8, 2xPDX-6, VH-11+Gibraltar 9607DL-LD, 2xCY-12C, CY-13R, KT-10) + DA200S, almost all on an MDS-4 and a bit on the floor.

Comment

Cool! can't help with finding a teacher but can say: have a good time there!
      DTX700, eDRUMin 4+10, A2E Dixon kit, Yamaha cymbals, FSR HH
      Kit Pix http://vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=613

My new venture, HiEnd Speakers. : voglosounds.com

Comment

Sorry I'm only seeing this now! Hope not too late to help you out. I live in Jhb, and my drum teacher is well known in these parts as one of the best - his name is Andre Luke. I'd be happy to pass along his contact details. Why don't you send me a PM and we can exchange numbers - I'd be happy to get together, help you get to know the city a little better, and generally help out if I am able to for a fellow forum member. Let me know.

Thanks, and good luck with the move.

Ryan
        TD12/TD4/Sonor A2E Hybrid, Fender Stratocaster-esque guitar, plastic guitars, drums, turntable - games originally got me into drumming. Along with musical role models.

Comment

We made it!

(PS -- Ryan -- dropped you a PM!

Comment

Working...
          X