Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the best pair of IEM (In-Ear Monitors) to use with Roland V Drums?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What is the best pair of IEM (In-Ear Monitors) to use with Roland V Drums?

    This topic may have been brought up before, but I'm looking for a good pair of IEM's that is noise resistant. In other words I would like to purchase a pair that all I hear is what is coming through the IEM..........no outside noise!!..........Thanks!!!!...................Roge r
    Roland TD-15K & TD-3 Drumsets, Roland Octopad II, Alesis D4 & DM5 Drum Modules, Alesis HR-16 & HR-16B Drum Machine & Sequencer, Rolls Headphone Amp, Yamaha 12-Channel Mixing Board, Shure In-Ear Monitor Buds, AKG Headphones, Ableton Live 9 DAW, Tama Drums, Zildjian & Sabian Cymbals, Shure, AKG, & Beyer-Dynamic Mikes..etc..............

  • #2
    I used this to help me find my IEMs: http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/mult...09-04-14-p-966

    Good luck, use your browser search function "Isolation (5/5)"

    Can't say what the best is for you personally, but if you wanted no external distractions no-matter-what, you could use any pair of IEMs and just wear some basic ear defenders over the top of them lol.
    ◾ Diamond Drums 4pc in Di-Noc carbon ◾ MegaDRUM
    ◾ Roland UA-1010 / cymbals / KT-10 (x2) ◾ Tama / Gibraltar hardware ◾ JBL LSR3 Series 2.1 Monitoring ◾ Pearl THMP-1
    PA Comparison Sheet

    Comment


    • #3
      There is no best... only the best ... for you! Shure, Westone, and a few more

      Everyone has a different idea of what the "best" sound is. No point arguing there.

      Go with what your budget can afford. If you can try them ahead of purchase, then even better! Then you can find the ones with the best balance of low, mids and high frequencies... for you!

      The "best" noise isolating would be customized ear pieces that would fit the IEM model you will choose. That's costly, but gives you the best noise isolating features and comfort.

      If that's out of reach, budget-wise, I found out that using "Comply" ear pieces (or the equivalent) is very close to the "best" in term of isolation and comfort. They are the same thing as using memory foam ear plugs, so they are very comfortable, adapt to your ear shapes to cut outside noise and cost a lot less than custom molded ones.
      DTX700, eDRUMin 4+10, A2E Dixon kit, Yamaha cymbals, FSR HH
      Kit Pix http://vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=613

      My new venture, HiEnd Speakers. : voglosounds.com

      Comment


      • #4
        Whatever yo get..get custom old for best isolation and something with at least 3 drivers and and proper built-in crossover for the the best low end response. (there are some models wit up to 8 drivers for each ear...i.e Alien Ears

        http://alienears.com/c/190/custom-in...onitorsdrivers

        also digitalDrmmer did a good review on many IEMs a while back
        8 piece DIY Acrylic, 2x2Box DrumIt5, Gen16 4xDCP, DIY Acrylic&Gen16 Conversions, Sleishman Twin-QuadSteele hybrid, Gibraltar&DrumFrame rack, DW9502LB, Midi Knights Pro Lighting
        http://www.airbrushartists.org/DreamscapeAirbrushRealm

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Roger View Post
          This topic may have been brought up before, but I'm looking for a good pair of IEM's that is noise resistant. In other words I would like to purchase a pair that all I hear is what is coming through the IEM..........no outside noise!!..........Thanks!!!!...................Roge r
          Just curious ... if you don't want to hear any outside noise why not consider traditional headphones that block out noise while providing a better sound quality at the same time? I'm not being critical of your choice, just wondering what's the appeal of IEM so I can better understand their advantages.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by fulrmr(Daniel) View Post
            Whatever yo get..get custom old for best isolation and something with at least 3 drivers and and proper built-in crossover for the the best low end response. (there are some models wit up to 8 drivers for each ear...i.e Alien Ears

            http://alienears.com/c/190/custom-in...onitorsdrivers

            also digitalDrmmer did a good review on many IEMs a while back
            You'll find it included in this compilation: https://www.distribly.com/product/2051
            . digitalDrummer
            Review index

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by OneWatt View Post
              Just curious ... if you don't want to hear any outside noise why not consider traditional headphones that block out noise while providing a better sound quality at the same time? I'm not being critical of your choice, just wondering what's the appeal of IEM so I can better understand their advantages.
              Less bulky, no sweaty ears, much lighter, no squeezing feelings on the head... Lots of advantages.
              DTX700, eDRUMin 4+10, A2E Dixon kit, Yamaha cymbals, FSR HH
              Kit Pix http://vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=613

              My new venture, HiEnd Speakers. : voglosounds.com

              Comment


              • #8
                Hello One Watt, I've been using headphones for over a decade!! I want something that is much lighter and have the same sound quality as a very good set of headphones and also have the sound isolating qualities as headphones.
                Roland TD-15K & TD-3 Drumsets, Roland Octopad II, Alesis D4 & DM5 Drum Modules, Alesis HR-16 & HR-16B Drum Machine & Sequencer, Rolls Headphone Amp, Yamaha 12-Channel Mixing Board, Shure In-Ear Monitor Buds, AKG Headphones, Ableton Live 9 DAW, Tama Drums, Zildjian & Sabian Cymbals, Shure, AKG, & Beyer-Dynamic Mikes..etc..............

                Comment


                • #9
                  Thanks to everyone that offered suggestions/comments/opinions on IEM's. I'm checking out all IEM reviews!!
                  Roland TD-15K & TD-3 Drumsets, Roland Octopad II, Alesis D4 & DM5 Drum Modules, Alesis HR-16 & HR-16B Drum Machine & Sequencer, Rolls Headphone Amp, Yamaha 12-Channel Mixing Board, Shure In-Ear Monitor Buds, AKG Headphones, Ableton Live 9 DAW, Tama Drums, Zildjian & Sabian Cymbals, Shure, AKG, & Beyer-Dynamic Mikes..etc..............

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by perceval View Post
                    Less bulky, no sweaty ears, much lighter, no squeezing feelings on the head... Lots of advantages.
                    Makes sense. Thanks for the useful info.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Two words....digitalDrummer magazine! Check reviews there. K
                      My bands: Alter Ego, Arcanum
                      E Kit = Roland TDW-20s kit // Roland SPD-S// Pearl Demon Drives//
                      A Kit = Tama Swingstar 5 pc (1981) w/roto toms (orig owner!) //Zildjians
                      A Kit = Natal 6 pc with Paiste 2000 & Zildjian/MidiKNights/DrumSplitters

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X