Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roland Td-30kv snare for tom trade? also kd-140?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland Td-30kv snare for tom trade? also kd-140?

hi, ive read a lot in these forums but having never owned a "real" electric drumset I never felt like I should be a part of the conversation... it looks like it'll be 30 days until I post in the classifieds, which is more than enough time - considering Its going to take about a month or so until I have enough money to get anything going... but heres the short and sweet of it...

I play double bass... exclusively... the td-30kv costs 7500 and for some reason the kd-140 that goes with it costs an outrageous 1100$... I considered going with the KD-120's, but that would mean I'd have to sell the kd-140 and buy two kd-120's... problem is I don't know anyone who feels like they want another kick drum enough to spend 1,100$ on a second one... so tbh I'm almost curious if anyone who's interested in picking up this kit around the time I do would be up for selling me theirs instead...

2nd part of it... I use 3 rack toms... and 12" is a bit larger than I'd like for V drums, but this presents a good opportunity for trading aswell... my 2nd issue is I'd REALLY like my snare to have a tom mount so I can just use rack hardware to mount it... assuming the same improved rim sensors are a part of the new 12" toms - it should function the same exact way as the snare... so the way I see it I shouldn't have too hard of a time trading the snare that comes with the td-30kv for a 10" tom that comes with the KV... most people would like a larger drum in general it seems - so they get a bigger drum that they can just use a snare stand for to use as a floor tom... alternatively - maybe someone bought the td-30k and want the improved snare... then they can just slide their 12" old snare to the side and use it as a floor tom so they have a similar(but cost effective) setup as the td-30kv... then I can just buy a 10" with the money from selling the snare...

I also considered just building it part by part instead... then just using my current rack hardware... would cost me some extra money - but I'd get exactly what sizes I want... just wouldn't get that shiney new rack and hardware...

thanks in advance for offering advice... I'm selling all my drum stuff and most of my recording equiptment so this kit needs to feel as close to home as possible! I wont be able to keep playing acoustic drums when I move - so I really need to make selling my drums worth it... and if I can arrange some trades on here BEFORE I buy my kit I can do it at the same time and I wont USE the item, It'll just remain new in the box so it doesn't lose it's value... ive been using the same cymbals for 7 years and I play extreme metal and none of my cymbals are broken... heck ive probably only changed heads 4 times in the past 7 years... so I know I can hit things without breaking them... but I just don't trust other people nearly as much :P

You should call some of the big online vendors of Roland kits. Back when I bought my 30kv I was able to swap out the snare for one of the "toms" so that it had mounting hardware. When Roland packages these big kits in big boxes, the individual pieces are inside their own boxes inside...so the vendors have no problem swapping them out for new parts (assuming they believe that they will still be able to sell the part that you are swapping out).
    eKit (TD-30KV): http://www.vdrums.com/forum/performa...y-s-drums-td39
    aKit: (Tama Starclassic): http://www.vdrums.com/forum/acoustic...ma-starclassic
    TD30Browser: http://www.vdrums.com/forum/general/...4-td30-browser

Comment

Why would you need two kick drums? You can use a double pedal with a single trigger lad, or use a KT-10 or two.
      . digitalDrummer
      Review index

Comment

Originally posted by kgoroway View Post
        You should call some of the big online vendors of Roland kits. Back when I bought my 30kv I was able to swap out the snare for one of the "toms" so that it had mounting hardware. When Roland packages these big kits in big boxes, the individual pieces are inside their own boxes inside...so the vendors have no problem swapping them out for new parts (assuming they believe that they will still be able to sell the part that you are swapping out).
        im curious which vendors you think do this? and I wonder how many of them would be willing to price match a 15% discount on top of that... where'd you get your drums at kgoro?

Comment

Originally posted by allanjohn View Post
          Why would you need two kick drums? You can use a double pedal with a single trigger lad, or use a KT-10 or two.
          I play extreme music, and a 2nd kick drum is pretty much mandatory in terms of technique and accuracy. slave pedals mean you have to play with different technique between the foots - and at certain speeds this is a lot more difficult. 2 kicks means at any speed the pedals react in the same exact way - allowing my feet to just do what they need to do without having to play differently. it's also worth mentioning that I play with max spring tension - and if I were to use a double pedal I wouldn't be able to keep my tension if I wanted to make the pedals feel even.

but that's a strange question to ask "why do you need..." I remember getting similar responses when I was asking if any z87 socket motherboards could slot 64gb ram before I dropped money to switch to a 2011 socket... I ask if something can be done and nearly 90% of the responses were "why would you need that" as If I'm unable to come to the conclusion myself... I guess people on the internet just can't trust a poster with knowing what he needs?

Comment

Working...
          X