Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VH-13 MG Coating Wear/Fading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VH-13 MG Coating Wear/Fading

I have used a VH-13 MG Hi-hat for around two months now, bought brand new. On the edge the metallic coating is starting to darken/fade to black.

I thought they had lessened the wearing of the coating from the old silver cymbals that yellowed and faded easily?

Anyone else seeing this too? I only play on it at weekends, so just concerned of how fast the coating is wearing away.

Hmmm...had mine a year and it showed no wear at all when I sold it.
    8 piece DIY Acrylic, 2x2Box DrumIt5, Gen16 4xDCP, DIY Acrylic&Gen16 Conversions, Sleishman Twin-QuadSteele hybrid, Gibraltar&DrumFrame rack, DW9502LB, Midi Knights Pro Lighting
    http://www.airbrushartists.org/DreamscapeAirbrushRealm

Comment

Mine are about a year old and do not show any wear. Is it possible your sticks are somewhat rough?
      Roland TD-30, VH-13, 2 pcs CY-12c, Alesis DM Pro 14" three zone ride, Pintech Concertcast dual zone: 12" snare, 2 pcs 10" toms, 12" tom, 12" kick, Gibraltar rack, DW 9000 or Axis A pedal, Gibraltar HH stand, DW snare stand, DIY "Butkicker" style tactile transducer system using Aura shakers.

Comment

No wear here 1plus years.
        "It makes sense if you dont think about it"

Mimic Pro, SPD-SX, 2-QSC K-10s, K-sub, Yamaha mixer, and a bunch of other expensive cool things!

Comment

I've only had mine since April so too soon to tell.
          Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

Just wanted to clarify that this wearing is faint and can only be seen at a certain angle (where I sit and drum) but it is definitely there and starting to create a darker patch where I hit.

I know this may be obvious of something you hit constantly, but I'm just concerned it's going to get worse and go completely black.

Anyone else see this too or is mine a dud?
            Last edited by Unnamed1; 08-29-14, 04:04 AM.

Comment

Hard to say, could you take a close up photo of it? Use the macro mode.
              ◾ Diamond Drums 4pc in Di-Noc carbon ◾ MegaDRUM
              ◾ Roland UA-1010 / cymbals / KT-10 (x2) ◾ Tama / Gibraltar hardware ◾ JBL LSR3 Series 2.1 Monitoring ◾ Pearl THMP-1
              PA Comparison Sheet

Comment

Have you tried cleaning them? They could just be dirty there. Use 303 Aerospace Protectant. Do Not use Armor All as it will dry out the rubber and ruin the cymbal pad.
                http://www.marine-products.com/303-a...f-001b2166becc
                8 piece DIY Acrylic, 2x2Box DrumIt5, Gen16 4xDCP, DIY Acrylic&Gen16 Conversions, Sleishman Twin-QuadSteele hybrid, Gibraltar&DrumFrame rack, DW9502LB, Midi Knights Pro Lighting
                http://www.airbrushartists.org/DreamscapeAirbrushRealm

Comment

Working...
                X