Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cowpaddy - Wow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cowpaddy - Wow!

A few weeks ago I was reading in another thread about what people thought of the CowPaddy. Well, since I own one, I chimed in and gave my honest opinion... It triggers well but is a little soft to hit and the mounting hardware is flimsy. Wasn't slamming it or complaining, just giving my honest opinion. (you can read the thread here if it made it through the conversion; http://www.vdrums.com/forum/forum/ge...cowabongo-pads).

Anyway, I get this reply out of the blue from "TheCowPaddy" (Dave, the owner of the company) that basically says, "Hey, I've changed how I make these; the rubber is harder and the mount is much better and stronger. Send me yours and I'll refurbish it at no cost other than shipping."
    Well, I was amazed at this offer to say the least. I mean, who does that??!! Well, I informed him that I had a gig coming up but could send it to him after that at which point I would have another gig 2 weeks later and wanted to know if I could get it back in time. He assured me this would be no problem.

So, I sent it to him. I got emails letting me know he received it and that he had shipped it. Heck, he even emailed me before I sent it to see if I had sent it yet!! The turnaround was like 2 days and I got it back just in time for rehearsal for the next weekend's gig (I sent it to him the Friday before - much later than intended).

It was just as he said; harder rubber on the top side (the "stick" side) with the normal, softer rubber on the bottom side (the "hands" side) and a way better, stronger, easier mount. He basically rebuilt my CowPaddy for free. I'm still blown away as I write this!!

I've been around a while now (ok, a little more than half a century!) and I can't ever remember getting service like this. I mean, it's not like I reached out to him and complained about his product. Heck, I was using it and it did what I needed it to. But to just matter-of-factly state your opinion and have the guy go, "hey, I've made improvements. Let me rebuild that for you" was just incredible!!

Anyway, just thought he needed some Kudos for a job well done.

Thanks, Dave. You made my week!

Mark
    Last edited by BarT; 08-12-14, 02:58 PM.
    www.RemedyRocksKC.com

Very cool. This is the way customer service should be. There are a few folks like this...Jerry(stealthdrums.com) ...Julia(Gen16)... and a few others...but this type of integrity and service is few and far between. Congrats on the the "newer" toy.
    8 piece DIY Acrylic, 2x2Box DrumIt5, Gen16 4xDCP, DIY Acrylic&Gen16 Conversions, Sleishman Twin-QuadSteele hybrid, Gibraltar&DrumFrame rack, DW9502LB, Midi Knights Pro Lighting
    http://www.airbrushartists.org/DreamscapeAirbrushRealm

Comment

Triggera also offer superb customer service as well as the others mentioned. Its great service that makes you want to buy more of their products.

Comment

btw... it's nice to be able to post again!!
        www.RemedyRocksKC.com

Comment

I was getting withdrawal symptoms lol

Comment

Great to hear as I'm about to buy some. Plus, it's great to give props when people do it right, it's too easy to just complain about the bad.
            TD50 Digital Pack, TD30 and TD9 Modules, custom made pads, Gen16 crashes, and hats plus a few other things that I'm not sure what to do with or why they're still in my kit. Bands: Espada http://www.musicaespada.com/ and JamCo https://www.facebook.com/JamcoEntertainment, https://www.jamcoband.com/

Comment

I love when I hear stories like that! You just don't get decent service like that anymore. Hearing that makes me much more likely to buy from the guy as well. I'm getting tired of making my own cheap ugly triggers. I think all the EDrum manufactures could learn a thing or two from Dave.

Comment

Cowpaddy took good care of me too, when they came out with the upgraded mounting wingnuts and super fast, I might add. Great service!

Comment

Any chance of seeing pictures of your cow paddy's? I'd like to see how you have them mounted on your kits. Thanks in advance.
                  Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

I have dual cowpaddys that of course mount side to side , one is my wood block and one is my cowbell. Some guys buy single cowpaddys and mount them on their racks separately to use for an assortment of percussion sounds , so to each his own . Not home to post pics, away for a few days, but go on cowpaddy's site and you can see them in person. If you can't get pics , send me a pm and I will post pics nex week

Comment

Thanks
                      I will check out the website
                      Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

Did you find good enough pics bro)

Comment

I just wish the cowpaddy didn't look so 'toy like' in my opinion. It triggers well enough, I just wanted something that looked slightly more professional. I'm not knocking the product by any means, it's just that it's looks did nothing for me at all. Each to their own I guess. If the plastic housing was black and it didn't have the large sticker and logo I might've kept mine. It would be awesome if the plastic was indeed chrome....now that would look impressive.

Comment

I don't know Kenny, to me they look fine . I know Pintech, Roland and 682 drums all have a percussion sound bar or whatever . Maybe they look better. I figure the cowpaddy is a rectangular shape like a woodblock, but I guess if you are gigging with It, the looks matter! I am just playing home, for me, so I don't care how it looks! I got one rigged up as a cowbell and the other as a woodblock and I honestly just crack them once in a while, because they are there, lol!!

Comment

Kenny did you get rid of your cowpaddy and get something else?

Comment

Working...
                              X