Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cy-8 cymbal volume?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cy-8 cymbal volume?

We just got a td11 kit for at church, and so I bought a cy-8 cymbal off of e-bay, to use in "crash 2 ". I hook it up using a roland cord and it is very low volume compared to the other cymbals. I made sure that the module knew it's a cy-8, and then I had to adjust the sensitivity up to 30 to get it to sound louder. The other pads sensitivity are all around 12. Thanks for any ideas about this.

It probably needs a new piezio and may need the green strip peeled apart and cleaned. Try a search and you should find a solution. Does the cymbal still choke?
    Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

no problem with the choke. Also I replaced the piezio, and it's good as new, Thanks!!

Comment

Great news. Glad you were able to fix it.
        Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

The cy8 isn't the most reliable cymbal but I'm glad you repaired it. A cy8 is better than no cymbal!

Comment

Working...
          X