Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Breaking pad mount clamps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaking pad mount clamps

So in just under a month of having this TD20/30 kit I have already broke 2 of the Roland MDC-10U clamps haha

First time when when I was first setting it up, it fractured and wouldnt hold up a floor tom. Couldnt figure out why it kept slipping down then I seen the fracture.
    So I went out and bought a Gibralter mount for 30 bucks. UGHH

Then tonight while watching tv, my 3rd rack tom just fell down into my kick pad. The whole black piece along the top of the clamp slight almost in two.! Didnt even touch it.

Am I tightening too much?

I just ordered another mdc-10u from ebay for 20 bucks including shipping..

this sucks
    TD-30 , DW3000 Double pedal, 3XCY-12, 2XCY14, Cy15R. 3XPD105, 3XPD125, VH12 hats, Yorkville powered 1000W P.A

Yep...thats a common problem with that old Roland junk. Order some Gibraltar replacements for every clamp you can afford. Most likely if a few are breaking....the rest are on their way.
    8 piece DIY Acrylic, 2x2Box DrumIt5, Gen16 4xDCP, DIY Acrylic&Gen16 Conversions, Sleishman Twin-QuadSteele hybrid, Gibraltar&DrumFrame rack, DW9502LB, Midi Knights Pro Lighting
    http://www.airbrushartists.org/DreamscapeAirbrushRealm

Comment

I broke a black plastic Roland one that was only a year old. I'm now going chrome Gibbys all round, piece by piece as they are so expensive.

Comment

ya as they break I will order better 'gibbys' haha. Funny though this set lasted in tact since 2009 and I break 2 within a month. fml
        TD-30 , DW3000 Double pedal, 3XCY-12, 2XCY14, Cy15R. 3XPD105, 3XPD125, VH12 hats, Yorkville powered 1000W P.A

Comment

Problem is,the more drums you have, the more clamps you need, the more money you spend.

Comment

Gibraltar SC-GPRMC is a good clamp. I've been using them for years. You can still use your Roland L rods with them too. About $18 is a pretty good price on the net:
            http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...&condition=new
            I could tell you where to stick that piezo! ;)
            Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Pearl Mimic Pro ,2Box modules,drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds directly from the Mimic and custom sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

ya I bought one of them the other week when the first one broke but I paid 35 bucks at a local LnM

Comment

If you over tighten the hatched side they will crack on you. I have clamps that are over 8 years old that i have gigged with.
                www.myspace.com/tongueingrooveTd 20 Purple Fade V Session Cy15, 2x Cy14, Cy8, Asi+ Crown k2 amps, BBE max. Legion 15's, Madison 18 subs, Tama,Yamaha hardware.
                Your never as good or bad as you think you are !

Comment

Working...
                X