No announcement yet.

The Last Post.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCIENCE, people. Don't listen to crap on YuckTube or FarceBook or whatever. The bit about NSAIDs and fever (that came from a political official in France) has not been substantiated. Medical officials elsewhere are saying there is no evidence regarding that claim. Acetominophen (paracetamol, Tylenol) is not an NSAID and will reduce fever, but it has high potential liver toxicity. If you have an old bottle kicking around, be advised that the maximum recommended dosage has been reduced from a few years back. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parace...dverse_effects

Also, taking vitamins does not help with much of anything unless you have a deficiency. All you get is expensive urine. If you live at a higher northern latitude and are inside a lot, vitamin D might make sense because you could be deficient, seeing that it is still March (but that's for general health, not COVID-19). Otherwise, no magic pills. Certainly not MMS, colloidal silver or whatever crap the hucksters and televangelists (same thing, really) are pushing now.
    Last edited by JimFiore; 03-19-20, 01:00 PM.

Comment

• you're not the only one interested in science.. general health : do not try to reduce fever with anti-pyretics during these days,
      your immune system would be thankful, and you would be thankful to your immune system if all goes well..
      and if things don't go well.. consult a doctor in time for advice.. ..best to all..

Comment

• Science is my profession. I'm not a medical doctor, nor do I play one on TV. The only thing I play is drums.

And being a drummer, some people would prefer it if si(l)ence was my profession! Why didn't I take up flute as a child? So much quieter and easier to transport.

Will this be the last post? I don't think so. Will there be snarky replies. I think so. Go ahead, prove me wrong.

Comment

• i know, i've been reading scienceblog/ chimprefuge, but in a number of cases i did have the last post in a thread
          (thread locked) this could be a 'talent' that i have.. (in here 'positive')

Comment

• Sorry Eric but not this time mate. You might be the penultimate post, but unfortunately, there is no prize for that.

And nobody remembers who came second anyway lol.
            Last edited by John.b; 03-20-20, 11:50 AM.

Comment

• They say that second is "first loser". You're welcome to that, John. And Eric, Science Blogs? Wow, that takes me back several years. I haven't posted on there in over a decade I'm guessing.

OK, so does anyone know how to get to the last page of this thread without reading all 350+ pages first? It's taking me hours to put up the last post.Granted, working from home now makes things easier, but still...

Comment

• I clicked on the teensy post title on the far right of the thread listing and it brought me immediately to the last page. My sharing of this valuable information was a nice, kind thing to do - please do not repay my altruistic efforts by responding and thereby ruining my chances of winning The Last Post. I am counting on the revenue.
                Immensely powerful yet with a liquid cat-quick elegance

Comment

• Originally posted by gingerbaker View Post
                  I clicked on the teensy post title on the far right of the thread listing and it brought me immediately to the last page. My sharing of this valuable information was a nice, kind thing to do - please do not repay my altruistic efforts by responding and thereby ruining my chances of winning The Last Post. I am counting on the revenue.
                  Ok, whatever.
                  Your welcome.
                  "It makes sense if you dont think about it"

Mimic Pro, SPD-SX, 2-QSC K-10s, K-sub, Yamaha mixer, and a bunch of other expensive cool things!

Comment

• Originally posted by gingerbaker View Post
                    I clicked on the teensy post title on the far right of the thread listing and it brought me immediately to the last page. My sharing of this valuable information was a nice, kind thing to do - please do not repay my altruistic efforts by responding and thereby ruining my chances of winning The Last Post. I am counting on the revenue.
                    Sorry Ginger I just could not help myself. And I had to get up at 5am to do it.

Comment

• There goes my European vacation fund. Oh well - not to worry! There are other ways to skin a cat, as the saying goes,
                      Immensely powerful yet with a liquid cat-quick elegance

Comment

• I only know of two ways to skin a cat, the first is to blow up a paper bag and then slap it to make a very loud bang. The cat then jumps out of its skin.
                        I think a shot gun would have the same effect but a paper bag is cheaper than a 12 gauge cartridge. Well you cant just buy one cartridge can you, you have to get a box full.
                        The other way involves a very sharp knife but it can get a bit messy.

Regarding getting to the last page, where it says 1 of say 351, change the 1 to 351 and hit return. Works every time for me.

Comment

• Priest comes upon a little boy shaking a jar of liquid then laughing hysterically.
                          Priest says "what you got there". Little boy says "Turpentine." "this is the most powerful liquid in the world".
                          The priest says "well, my son Holy water is the most powerful liquid in the world".
                          "If you rub some holy water on the belly of a pregnant woman she will pass a baby boy."
                          The little boy replies " that ain't nothin". "You take some of this turpentine and rub it on a cat's ass and he will pass a motorcycle."

Now, that is powerful.
                          LOL

Stay safe at home everyone and stay off my lawn!

Mimic Pro, SPD-SX, 2-QSC K-10s, K-sub, Yamaha mixer, and a bunch of other expensive cool things!

Comment

• haha .. if you get an e-mail with subject "Ding Dong" ..do not open it.. it's Jehova's witnesses working from home ..
                            by the way : here's the last post again, posted in this link > https://www.vdrums.com/forum/forum-a...ost/page999999
                            will always go to the last post.. until we get to the page number.. (i fear possible)

Comment

• Yea Eric, I am working on that one as we speak.

And I liked that one Intruder. That made me laugh.

Comment

• In these dark times it is good to laugh!
                                Oops, it's still nighttime.
                                Had to wake up and pee, check for important tweets from Trump.
                                Nothing important. Carry on.

Stay home and stay safe everyone.

Comment

Working...
                                X