X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gingerbaker View Post
    Wow.

Tears have come to my eyes.

I'm think that they appeared because of my gratitude to be asked for an answer to a technical question (something that I last provided - in error - in December of 1998).

Or it could be that I cried because the odds of anyone actually being foolish enough to ask me a technical question are so astronomically low as to produce an existential despair at our insignificance compared to the vastness of space and time.

Anyway, I shall rise to the call of my fellow electronic drum mates, and I just hope that I do not let you down.

Evi1rox asked:

Hey - I know this one! The consensus of all the experts is that the best headphones are the gray and black ones.

And the best P.A. is the one used by the group was playing last month at that bar around the corner from where the old library used to be. ( Just past where the gas station is, until they tore it down)

3 Cup Candy asked:

This is true, because a felt beater collects too much static electricity.

3 Cup Candy asked:

Great question! The answer is that the best kit to buy depends on the size of your budget.

Evil1rox asked:

I actually addressed this on 7/20/2004. I am happy to reproduce it here, because there is so much confusion about the matter. (Thanks for asking)

"With the TD-20, the voltage drop between Tom 1 and Tom 4 is four times that of the TD-10 expanded.

No way am I going to use a set of sticks that don't come with a grounding strap - and the carbosticks (great sticks) don't.

Plus, field-induced phase shifts using non-shielded sticks are a real problem with the TD-20, because its normal signal-to-noise ratio is so LOW to begin with. Again - standard sticks - nonshielded.

If you just spent $5K on a top-of-the-line electric drum kit, why would you not want to spent the additional $50 to $60 on shielded, grounded electronic sticks?"
    GB! THANK YOU, THANK YOU for this invaluable information! I have no idea of where else I would have found it! You may not be THE Ginger Baker, but you outta be. BTW, the static build up on a felt beater is just a horrible thing. Wouldn't you just hate to ESD a bass drum?

Sincerely,

alexvanhalen (not THE Alex Van Halen)
    Last edited by Fullback32; 03-25-08, 11:43 AM.
    TD-12; TD-6V; FD-8; Hart Pro Toms, Snare, Bass; ECII hihat, crashes, splash & ride; Smartrigger crashes & china; Hart Hammer Pad; Pintech Dingbat; Iron Cobra double-bass.

"I never play the same thing twice...sometimes because I simply can't remember it." - John Paul Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by Some Day Grey View Post
      For the benefit of those newer members - and those who have forgot - there are always the famous "Boingo's Electric Sticks":
      http://vdrums.com/forum/showthread.p...cks#post162306

I found that when playing out side, it is advisable to strap a lightening conductor to your head.

Once I ventured out without it and got struck. The others guys in the band said it really livened up my performance but ruined my hairdo.

Comment

• Originally posted by John.b View Post
        I found that when playing out side, it is advisable to strap a lightening conductor to your head.

Once I ventured out without it and got struck. The others guys in the band said it really livened up my performance but ruined my hairdo.
        -you weren't using grounded stick either..were you?!?!

FOR SHAME!!!!!

E
        - your source for electronic cigs. Use coupon code "" for 10% off every order!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Fullback32 View Post
          GB! THANK YOU, THANK YOU for this invaluable information! I have no idea of where else I would have found it! You may not be THE Ginger Baker, but you outta be.
          Sincerely,

alexvanhalen (not THE Alex Van Halen)
          Thanks, Fullback. It's great to be able to help folks out on the forum, even if only a little bit and once in a while.
          Immensely powerful yet with a liquid cat-quick elegance

Comment

• Originally posted by gingerbaker View Post
            Thanks, Fullback. It's great to be able to help folks out on the forum, even if only a little bit and once in a while.
            Enough nicey nice... I've recently discovered something I must share with you all...

I've realized a profOund truth...somEthing so important that it may answer every question posed by mankind... the simplicity of it is nearly divine, and can be defined with one word that is so frightening..in the god fearing sense...so encompassing your fragile human mind may implode from the sheer magnitude of it's holy glory.

Behold...and shudder in the presence of....

BEHRINGER

(Happy Thursday....)

E
            - your source for electronic cigs. Use coupon code "" for 10% off every order!!!

Comment

• Aaarrgghhhh!! :d

Comment

• High-Quality, German-Engineered gear

BWAHAHAHA! (In your DREAMS!)

...LAST POST TIME POSTED WORLD RECORD HOLDER.....(10 days)...

Myke C.

Comment

• Stuff the Beringer crap, do you want to hear about my dreams.

The ones that tell all and say nothing, those that should be and never will be.

You know the ones.

Being in a e-drum store with a credit card thats expired.

Calling a taxi or a call girl and then finding theres no cash in your wallet.

Buying on-line and a message comes back saying `This Card is ****`.
                  (Ooops said it again).

Only dreams.

Comment

...do you want to hear about my dreams.

Calling a taxi or a call girl and then finding theres no cash in your wallet...
                    Hey, man, remind me never to send you out for call girls.

( you might return with a taxi cab. And he wants $250 for a ride. And insists that you wear a condom. I'm here all night)

Comment

• Im booking the flight as we speak.

Oh Crap, my cards been rejected again. Ill see if I can borrow the wifes.

That failed. She told me to go and screw myself. Well thats a rough translation anyhow.

Going back abit, I think you can buy Beringer gear with expired or depleted plastic.......... Any sale in a storm.

Comment

Im booking the flight as we speak.

Oh Crap, my cards been rejected again. Ill see if I can borrow the wifes.

That failed. She told me to go and screw myself. Well thats a rough translation anyhow.

Going back abit, I think you can buy Beringer gear with expired or depleted plastic.......... Any sale in a storm.
                        Hey John, You can either get a call girl or get something made by Beringer.

With either piece you'll get screwed.

Comment

• Originally posted by 3Cup Candy View Post
                          Hey John, You can either get a call girl or get something made by Beringer.

With either piece you'll get screwed.
                          Yea but if your looking for quality and satisfaction. No Contest.

Comment

• Well....... that's about it for "The Last Post".

She passed away in her sleep, and nobody showed up for the funeral. A bitter end for the Priestess Queen of post whoredom. Rest well, my Queen.

Comment

• Sorry Ginger.----------Ive just woken up and Ive still got a pulse.

Pass me that bottle of Scotch will yer.

What do ya mean its empty. What sort of hotel is this.

When Im paying these prices I expect the essentials to be there.

What about a cheese sandwich.

Can nobody make me a sandwich.

What, -----------the chef went off at 8.

Get him back Im starving.

Whos got the grass. Come on, stop hogging it. Pass it over.

Excerts from `A Night in a Motel`, somewhere up the A1.

Comment

• Now I have the last post
                                sigpic

http://www.silverdragonsound.com

Comment

Working...
                                X