Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting Covid Jab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is now back on track. I’ve had covid from Sunday. I’m Triple jabbed and to be honest it’s been a bit like a head cold. Definitely not as bad as flu as I’ve been getting on with things at home. I probably got it from the gym. I can’t wait to get back as those lady’s need me 😉
    Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alan VEX View Post
      So, this is no longer about covid, right?
      It does look like this not directly about COVID “jabs”, However, since this really is a bit OT, I am interested in experiences others have had with many of the other “vaccines” (Prevnar, shingles, etc.).

Just saying. . .

Comment

• lol I was referencing the off-off-off-topic continued responses. People forget I get notified about certain sections where forum questions may popup.

Regarding other vaxxs.. due to the transplant, I've had a ton of the more typical stuff. The pneumococcal was nothing the first time, but I just got it a month ago and it rendered my arm useless. I think my arm is just tired of the BS.

Typically, these vaxxs don't bother me... I've had so many. Covid was bad the first time, the second was less, but the shingles was just as bad as the first covid shot. I have to get the second in two-six months. Not looking forward to it.

TMI
        Alan
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

• Hi Alan, so your saying you are getting a second shingles jab. I only got the one jab over here in the UK. I know you are obviously a special case mate, but are they giving you the shot in two parts for a reason, or is two shots for shingles normal in the U.S. ?

Comment

• We get two shots as a standard… 2-6 months apart.
            Alan
            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• Originally posted by Alan VEX View Post
              We get two shots as a standard… 2-6 months apart.
              Yup. I don’t remember if the pneumonia shot was one or two. I just know I got it.
              Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

• Pneumo is once every 3-5 years…. I don’t remember the window.
                Alan

Comment

• That's another contradiction for us over here. I had the pneumonia shot back in 2018 and recently I asked if I could have a booster and they said 'no, its a one-off shot'.

The way my lungs are I want all the protection I can get. Maybe if I offer to pay for it ???
                  Yea maybe I should try the private route.
                  The only thing I think of then is are they just giving me the extra shot to get more money ?
                  ie like I don't really need it but if I am willing to pay for it, I can have it.
                  And is this why you can get the extra shots in the US ?
                  Well you have to ask yourself don't you.

I think that one way or another, we are all in the same boat.

Yea, I am getting very cynical these days, it seems that everyone and their dog are out to get your money, and will go for it, whatever it takes, using what ever lies they need to tell.
                  Like the whole cigarette / smoking / good for your health thing from back in the 20's to 60's, that was one of the biggest cons ever to set foot on this planet, and this vape thing is starting to throw up some un-truths too. It seems like the whole cycle is starting over again, and who are the losers going to be ? and who are the winners going to be ?

Sorry but this is starting to sound like a conspiracy theory. That wasn't my intention but you have to wonder don't you.
                  John.b
                  Registered Member
                  Last edited by John.b; 01-17-22, 10:31 AM.

Comment

• If you feel paranoid these days it's because somebody is probably out to get you!

Quick research shows it may take as many as 3 doses of Pneumo vaccine by the time you are 66 depending on type and when it was given. There appears to be at least 3 types of vaccine by at least 2 Pharma companies.
                    Your personal MD would be the best judge of what you need provided you trust him / her. If you don't trust them change MDs quick.

Everything is either a conspiracy or a lie these days. Pick a core group of advisors and keep an open mind and research carefully anything of major importance. Try to have a "plan B" for everything just in case that "human thing" happens.

Ca-ca pasa' = Is the thought of the day.

I read somewhere that 1 in 3 people have gotten COVID and by April fools day this year almost everyone (more than 99.3 %) will have been exposed. It's a dangerous world we live in. You will never make it out alive. What would you do if you did?

Stay safe,
                    "It makes sense if you dont think about it"

Mimic Pro, SPD-SX, 2-QSC K-10s, K-sub, Yamaha mixer, and a bunch of other expensive cool things!

Comment

• Originally posted by Intruder View Post

If you feel paranoid these days it's because somebody is probably out to get you!

I read somewhere that 1 in 3 people have gotten COVID and by April fools day this year almost everyone (more than 99.3 %) will have been exposed. It's a dangerous world we live in. You will never make it out alive. What would you do if you did?

Stay safe,
                      I would look for another way out, like another way that don't hurt any.

Intruder you make me laugh mate. Can laughing too much kill ya. If so you could be my way out.

Comment

• Originally posted by John.b View Post

I would look for another way out, like another way that don't hurt any.

Intruder you make me laugh mate. Can laughing too much kill ya. If so you could be my way out.

I got your back of course. What don't kill ya makes ya stronger.

Free at home tests and free masks (USA). About 1.5 years too late but if we're still alive next month we might be able to use them.

Starting to hear of the next variant already out there that might not be stopped as easily with vaccine. Stay tuned.
                        "It makes sense if you dont think about it"

Mimic Pro, SPD-SX, 2-QSC K-10s, K-sub, Yamaha mixer, and a bunch of other expensive cool things!

Comment

• Well they are saying now that animals could be able to carry and spread covid. Well I don't know but I thought the covid started with Bats anyway, or did I get it wrong again ? and any way, Bo Jo over here has given up the ghost I think, saying basically we have to get on with it and that we need to get a life. Wear masks if you want, get the jab if you want to go out and have a life. Oh and then you don't have to worry if you have had covid and got over it.
                          Well I mean, no one really knows what the long term effects of that are going to be. It will be many years before we know what the true outcome of catching covid is. Heart problems, lung problems, liver problems, brain problems ?????? who knows what problems will crawl out of the woodwork over the next few years.
                          And will it continue to mutate each year or will it spread throughout the animal kingdom and come back in multiple forms of something else.
                          The mind boggles.

Anyway, I am so glad you have got my back Intruder, you are a gentlemen and a scholar mate. It didn't stop some b-stard from nicking my only copy of Otis Redding's 'Best Of ' CD though. I have had to ask Amazon to sent me a new one. For a price of course Life can be sh-t, lol

Comment

Working...
                          X