Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting Covid Jab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Intruder View Post
    My wife and I got the J&J flavor so we will be waiting till they figure it out.
    Gonna be a long boring winter again.
    I have told our kids Xmas gifts will be by delivery again this year. The kids and their families are all over the map as far as precautions go. Some members still have not gotten the jab while others have become radicalized and will not be getting the booster or wearing masks.
    It takes all kinds I guess.

Normal ain't normal no more and may never be again. What a shame that some call this progress.
    Stay safe folks.
    That’s a tough one, Intruder, better ship those gifts soon. We’re still waiting for last year’s Christmas cards to be delivered.
    Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

• Yeah, haven't seen a Xmas card in 2 years. Gifts will be delivered in person by automobile left at front door. Shopping already done.
      My radicalized son makes for some interesting conversations by phone.
      He needs a update to his algorithm for sure.
      I don't "do" FaceBook, TicToc, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
      Maybe I'm the radical?
      "It makes sense if you dont think about it"

Mimic Pro, SPD-SX, 2-QSC K-10s, K-sub, Yamaha mixer, and a bunch of other expensive cool things!

Comment

• [QUOTE=
        Maybe I'm the radical?[/QUOTE]

Or maybe your the one with your head screwed on mate. You can stick the lot of them as far as I'm concerned. I think they just exist to put out mis-information.

I have picked up a lung infection so I've had to cancel my Friday Booster shot till its all better. By order of the doc. I now have another coarse of anti-biotics to take and some steroid pills. Happy days. And I have got to have a chest x-ray too. Oh and I cant drum either cause as soon as I pick up the sticks I start coughing. This has been going on for nearly 2 months now and I am getting pretty well peed off with it. OK so I use to be a heavy smoker and suppose I only have myself to blame. I knew it would catch up with me eventually but I refuse to believe that its the end of my drumming.

Comment

• Originally posted by John.b View Post

Or maybe your the one with your head screwed on mate. You can stick the lot of them as far as I'm concerned. I think they just exist to put out mis-information.

I have picked up a lung infection so I've had to cancel my Friday Booster shot till its all better. By order of the doc. I now have another coarse of anti-biotics to take and some steroid pills. Happy days. And I have got to have a chest x-ray too. Oh and I cant drum either cause as soon as I pick up the sticks I start coughing. This has been going on for nearly 2 months now and I am getting pretty well peed off with it. OK so I use to be a heavy smoker and suppose I only have myself to blame. I knew it would catch up with me eventually but I refuse to believe that its the end of my drumming.

Having COPD I know about the coughing. I smoked for about 48 years. Now I cough if the weather changes to quickly. I have had a flare up for the last 3 weeks and can't drum or venture out to the street to take out or bring in the trash cans. Steroids are like magic but MDs don't like to give them as much as they used to. I use 3 different inhalers and still have issues at times.
          Guaifenesin (Mucinex) and hot tea with lots of honey works great but tends to mess up your sleeping habits. Being retired the sleep issue is not a big deal. My wife just deals with it and tells me "I told you 20 years ago to stop smoking" which of course is no help whatsoever. LOL

This whole misinformation deal is going to kill us all if something is not done. Hard to believe that someone working in a hospital seeing death from COVID every day can still say " the vaccine is not for me and COVID is just like the flu". Till they see the ventilator coming towards them, then the begging for help starts. Shoulda, woulda, coulda too late now. Unlike smoking which I knew would cause problems eventually at least I believed it was real.

I have already told my radicalized son if he dies from COVID his headstone will say "I told ya to get the booster".
          He should also include other sources for news than social media. Talk about closed minds? Why would you ever live your life according to an artificial intelligence algorithm?
          The robots are taking over and killing us slowly I think.
          And we thought Soylent Green was going to be the cause of the end.
          We are having the time of our lives. Why wouldn't we?

Mimic Pro, SPD-SX, 2-QSC K-10s, K-sub, Yamaha mixer, and a bunch of other expensive cool things!

Comment

• You speak the truth mate. I wish people would take their brains out of auto and start thinking for themselves. Original thought is becoming a dying art.
            It seems we all need to be told what to do and what to think, and to follow the Pied Piper over the cliff, like lemmings.
            I was going to say rats, but NO, they have a greater sense of self preservation than most of us, and along with cockroaches, they will out live all humanity.

On a lighter note, I'm not feeling very well.
            Last edited by John.b; 10-13-21, 03:26 PM.

Comment

On a lighter note, I'm not feeling very well.

I hope you get feeling better very soon.
              Rest, fluids, good thoughts, stay away from the news on TV.
              Hot soup works wonders.

Comment

• Cheers Intruder I will keep that in mind mate.

No (medicinal) alcohol then
                Last edited by John.b; 10-14-21, 04:22 AM.

Comment

Cheers Intruder I will keep that in mind mate.

No (medicinal) alcohol then
                  Feel better soon John.
                  It’s cruel to withhold alcohol that is used to medicate! 🍸
                  Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

• Jim I can feel you've been there mate. You know my pain

Comment

Working...
                    X