Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting Covid Jab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Covid Jab

Yea this Sunday I am booked in to get my first covid shot. I do so much hope it is workable. Not sure which shot I am getting yet because evidently, over here, they are alternating the shots. That sounds reasonable to me cause they can check quickly what the after affects are.

I will let you guys know what happens. If I dont get back to you, you know I am dead.

ok, good luck.. pfizer/bioNtech, and Moderna should be fine.. (check the boxes on the table, vials..)
    me, i would not want Astrazenica (dna)vaccin.. it's up to you.. but overhere they don't give it to people
    over 65.. why? because that vaccin has a very complex mechanism that won't work 'well' at certain
    ages.. i'm not saying this to alarm you, but just to help, if you want to know 'everything' ..here's a vid
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOq8-FR8s1E ..i don't know the u.k. vaccin policy.. cheers
    Audio | Video | Roland/Yamaha e-kit | Sonor/Gretsch a-kit | Zildjian/Sabian/Ufip/Meinl cymbals

Comment

Please don't worry at all. I have a background in biochemistry, molecular biology and virology. I have worked with the major vaccine producers and have been involved in mRNA therapeutic development for about 8 years. It was developed from the ground up as as a safer alternative to conventional vaccines, and the clinical safety data have shown, and continue to validate, the science behind it and its safety. Am I biased - YES! Why? Because I understand the science behind it and know the risks. They are very small and far far less than the real risks of dying from COVID or having prolonged pulmonary or cardiovascular ill effects, possibly for life.

My wife (55, in healthcare, who i do want to keep BTW!), two daughters (both in healthcare) and my father (now 85 years old) have all gotten the Moderna vaccine with mild side effects (arm pain, nausea, mild fever and the like), as is to be expected with any vaccine. I am knocking on my Dr's door regularly to get mine (I'm a quintuple heart bypass surgery survivor myself).

I sure do hope we all do our part and get vaccinated ASAP. That's the only way we can get ahead of these mutation rates, and in turn, increase the effectiveness of the existing vaccines....it's a cycle that we need to knock down in order to beat this and get back to normal.

Otherwise, if those who are hesitant hold off, the vaccine has a larger population to infect, give rise to more resistant mutants, making it more difficult to head off with available vaccines, and the virus wins. More people die, businesses close, people lose their jobs, their homes, etc. This isn't about each one of us individually. I'll gladly have a sore arm, a mild fever for a couple hours to do my part.

Sincerely,
      JP

Pearl Mimic Pro, eDRUMin 10, ATV aDrums, DIY Conversion kit, Roland Handsonic HPD-20, EFNOTE 5, SD3, Porter & Davies Throne

Comment

well, i agree ? i'd take an mRNA vaccin tomorrow .. which is Pfizer/bioNtech and Moderna..

Audio | Video | Roland/Yamaha e-kit | Sonor/Gretsch a-kit | Zildjian/Sabian/Ufip/Meinl cymbals

Comment

Its my view on it, that unless we can knock this thing on the head quickly it will just continue to mutate, to the point that we will all be having vacinations every year. A bit like the flue jabs we have here every year, but someone has to decide on which strain of flue (or mutation) to inoculate against, and if they get it wrong. well, to date, I am still living and have a fairly strong pulse. No I am not a scientist but have been convinced, right from the start, that this virus is air born, despite what the brains say. This cannot spread to this extent by just coughing or sneezing. No way. So that my take on it guys, take care and stay safe.

Comment

I’ll be having it when it’s my turn. My sister is 60 and had hers yesterday. I’m 59 so hoping it gets round to me next month or earlier.
            Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

Originally posted by Ericdrumz View Post
              well, i agree ? i'd take an mRNA vaccin tomorrow .. which is Pfizer/bioNtech and Moderna..
              Yes, we agree. I was addressing my comment to the OP.

Best,
              John
              Pearl Mimic Pro, eDRUMin 10, ATV aDrums, DIY Conversion kit, Roland Handsonic HPD-20, EFNOTE 5, SD3, Porter & Davies Throne

Comment

Originally posted by jpsquared482 View Post
                Please don't worry at all. I have a background in biochemistry, molecular biology and virology. I have worked with the major vaccine producers and have been involved in mRNA therapeutic development for about 8 years. It was developed from the ground up as as a safer alternative to conventional vaccines, and the clinical safety data have shown, and continue to validate, the science behind it and its safety. Am I biased - YES! Why? Because I understand the science behind it and know the risks. They are very small and far far less than the real risks of dying from COVID or having prolonged pulmonary or cardiovascular ill effects, possibly for life.
                Sincerely,
                JP
                JP are you talking about the Astrazenica vaccine here or just in general. Cheers

They are alternating the two vaccines each day over here in the UK. I suppose to check how results compare, and to make it go further of course.
                We are getting the second dose between 6 to 12 weeks after the first.

Comment

Just for the record the claim that the Astra Zeneca vaccine is less effective for the over 65's has been widely refuted by multiple experts. No one knows why Macron (for example) is spreading this, which has been described as fake news. I don't want to post about politics etc, but fake news about Covid has to be called out. My partner is an ICU nurse and has been on the frontline since last March, often watching helplessly as people come into ICU and a few days later die.
                  All the current certified vaccines are safe and effective for all ages.

Comment

Originally posted by John.b View Post
                    to the point that we will all be having vacinations every year.
                    That is almost certainly going to happen no matter what. It will be like the flu vaccine (as you say), adjusted for the latest Coronavirus mutations.

Comment

I’m 66 and I registered on January 19 but I don’t know when I’ll get an appointment for the vaccine. I hope it’s soon.
                      Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

Jim, be prepared to get it up the bum mate lol. Yea a surprise attack from the rear............... What ?????

Comment

JP are you talking about the Astrazenica vaccine here or just in general. Cheers

They are alternating the two vaccines each day over here in the UK. I suppose to check how results compare, and to make it go further of course.
                          We are getting the second dose between 6 to 12 weeks after the first.
                          Hi,

I was actually referring to mRNA-based vaccines. The AstraZeneca vaccine uses an AVV, or AdenoViral Vector, approach,; so the vaccine itself DNA based, not RNA. However, it, too, is considered very safe, and the AVV technology has been around for some time. The adenovirus "backbone" used is one that infects chimpanzees and is replication-deficient, meaning it can't reproduce and make virus, so it is safe to use in humans. The AVV DNA will code for the production of mRNA, which in turn, will then produce spike protein, which the patient will see as foreign and will mount an immune response to it.

So the key difference between Moderna & Pfizer, and AstraZeneca is that the AZ approach starts with DNA, whereas the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines start with RNA.

Both approaches will are considered extremely safe and effective. I wouldn't hesitate to get any one of them.

Does this answer your question?

Best,
                          JP

Comment

In some cases, maybe many, people will be receiving one of each.

Comment

Jim, be prepared to get it up the bum mate lol. Yea a surprise attack from the rear............... What ?????
                              There’s that question mark and attack from the rear! Wait wrong thread. Now I’m wondering how that shot location would be administered in a drive through vaccine center.
                              Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

Working...
                              X