Laziness is worth discussion...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laziness is worth discussion...

I have a custom draft for special people...

lazyz.PNG

Discuss the byproduct of laziness and e-drumming.

Posts must stay on topic.

Last post wins.

Follow through.

Don't be lazy.

Seriously.
    Alan

I'm so lazy... I can't even be bothered to switch on the drum module, so I'll hit the pads and make the sounds in my head.
    ♦ Diamond Drums 4pc in Di-Noc carbon ♦ MegaDRUM + Roland UA-1010 / cymbals / KT-10 (x2) ♦ Tama / Gibraltar hardware ♦ JBL LSR3 Series 2.1 Monitoring
    Community Drum Module Document
    PA Specifications (wip)

Comment

I'm so lazy, I post questions on the forum like, "Where's the power button on my Mimic Pro"? before reading the manual.

I'm so lazy, I don't even bother to plug in my TRS cables in the Mimic inputs all the way. I just fuss with the trigger settings instead.
      ATV aDrums & aD5, Pearl Mimic Pro, Roland Handsonic HPD-20.

Comment

It looks like Iím not lazy at all!
        Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

Can't be bothered to respond, really.
          *** Never buy a module without MIDI IN ***
          Yamaha & Roland modules. DTX,TM-2, EC-10m, SP-404. Multi12. TrapKat. ControlPad. Wavedrum. Handsonic. Dynacord RhythmStick. MPC. Paiste 2002/Signatures. Cajons. Djembes. Darbuka. Windsynth. MIDI Bass. Tenori-on. Loads o' synth modules. And...a uke or three.

Comment

im still trying to figure out how to set the drumstick threshold and gain! also how do i dial in drumstick tips from wood to nylon? i'm asking because i dont know how to read.
            Pearl Mimic pro, A to E 7 piece Pearl Decade maple, ddrum Deccabons, Ddrum DDTi, UFO X-bar triggers, Real feel heads, Gibraltar rack, VH13, PD105 side snare, Roc-N-Soc,Tama Iron Cobra, Iron cobra high hat stand, Cobra clutch, Pearl throne thumper, Roland and Kit Toys cymbals, Roland KC 500, Promark

Comment

First, let us distinguish between laziness and sloth. Laziness is the desire to not do unnecessary work while sloth is the unwillingness to expend any personal effort at all. It is my contention that laziness is a key element in the creation of technology by homo sapiens. As an engineering educator, I have been sharing this idea with my students quite literally for decades.

When a problem arises, the slothful person simply walks away, grumbling. In contrast, the industrious person immediately attacks the problem through obvious methods. Meanwhile, the lazy person, seeing that the slothful person loses out while also witnessing the labor incurred by the industrious person, thinks "There has to be an easier way". For example, suppose we go back a few hundred thousand years. We have a prototypical caveman. All of his stuff (food cache, hides, stone tools, etc.) are in his cave. Along comes a rock slide which blocks the cave entrance with a giant boulder. The slothful caveman would just complain and leave, and ultimately probably starve to death or become food for some larger predator. The industrious caveman would immediately began clawing away at the boulder, perhaps digging around the bottom and smashing the top and sides with other rocks in an attempt to chip away at it. The lazy caveman realizes that, although the industrious caveman may eventually succeed, he will spend a great deal of time and energy doing so. And so, he thinks for a bit, and recalling a little accident he had with a large stick that was laying over a log, realizes that he can use a stout branch to effectively multiply his effort, and move the boulder, thus inventing the simple lever.

If he's particularly smart, he will also realize that the combined effort of several people can solve this problem much, much faster than he can alone. All he needs to do is promise them that he will help them in turn if they also have such a need (and of course, keep that promise). Thus, the cave people invent the idea of community, and the recognition that the power of community effort exceeds that of the individual. They understand that ten people together can perform a large feat in much less than one-tenth the time of one individual working alone.

But then we have slothful backsliders who do not reciprocate on that community promise. Instead they think in terms of a perversion of The Three Musketeers: "All for me, and me for me!" These are destroyers of community and civilization.

So we discover that laziness when combined with ingenuity and community can bring forth great bounty.

But maybe you say that that has nothing to do with a group of e-drummers, many of whom face similar issues with gear and/or technique, and are not prone to reinvent the wheel.
              Last edited by JimFiore; 06-13-18, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Yea. That.
                Alan

Comment

I was too lazy to read that...
                  Pearl MIMIC Pro, Sonor A2E Conversion, ATV Cymbals and Snare

Comment

Got tired of tweaking my MIMIC so I just midied into it from my TD50....
                    Roland TD50KV, MIMIC Pro

Comment

No one reads the instructions till it all goes tits-up but unfortunately by that time I have lost all interest anyway and just cant be doing with it.

Comment

hey Alan, what does the last poster win?
                        Pearl Mimic pro, A to E 7 piece Pearl Decade maple, ddrum Deccabons, Ddrum DDTi, UFO X-bar triggers, Real feel heads, Gibraltar rack, VH13, PD105 side snare, Roc-N-Soc,Tama Iron Cobra, Iron cobra high hat stand, Cobra clutch, Pearl throne thumper, Roland and Kit Toys cymbals, Roland KC 500, Promark

Comment

A major award.
                          Alan

Comment

Oh goody!
                            Roland TD50KV, MIMIC Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Alan VEX View Post
                              A major award.
                              I already have one in the front window.
                              But, too lazy to plug it in!
                              AND my wife hates it.
                              "It makes sense if you dont think about it"

Mimic Pro, SPD-SX, 2-QSC K-10s, K-sub, Yamaha mixer, and a bunch of other expensive cool things!

Comment

Working...
                              X