Sadly i must take a break from drumming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sadly i must take a break from drumming

2 months ago i got a 2 month notice to move because we are getting demovicted in other words the house is being torn down for redevelopment and unfortunately the city i live in is going through a housing crisis and since we were unable to find a place i now have to throw everything in storage and live in a motel and hope i can find something before summer rates kick in. Once that happens if i don't find a place then i will be homeless and that will mean selling everything ,quitting my job and starting over in a new city with somewhere to rent. So i am forced to give up drumming for idk how long. I don't expect anyone to care i just need to vent right now because typing this here helps my head deal with it a little better.

Very sorry to hear this. I know how much you've been enjoying the aD5 and the rest of your kit. I hope you find a place soon and get this all worked out.
    ATV aDrums & aD5, Pearl Mimic Pro & DIY, Agean R-series Silent Cymbals, Roland Handsonic HPD-20.

Comment

So far, you win in the " worst way to end the year" category.
      I wish you the best of luck in your endeavor to maintain. It sounds like a real nightmare.
      "It makes sense if you dont think about it"

Mimic Pro, SPD-SX, 2-QSC K-10s, K-sub, Yamaha mixer, and a bunch of other expensive cool things!

Comment

Youch! Hope you get this turned around quickly. Donít put your practice pad in storage and make visits to your local guitar center.
        Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

We do care mate. That's not good. Hope you get something sorted soon.

Comment

Keep the faith bro, something will break for you
            Last edited by hemiboy; 01-01-18, 12:24 AM.

Comment

i'm so sorry to hear this. best of luck, and hope to hear things are looking up soon...
              Yamaha DTX502 module, 3 Pintech 10 inch Concertcast Dual Zone pads, Pintech PC10, PCY100 and PCY135.on a Roland MDS-7 rack.

Comment

One option you could have is to join a church/worship ensemble for a while. They can use the talent, and you get a place to store your drums, play them pretty much at will, and perhaps keep it going until things improve. I am serious.

Comment

UPDATE: almost ended up homeless ,it came down to the last day but i got a place however its very small and theres no way i can play my drums there and theres no room for them anyway so my drums are in storage until i eventually find a place where i can have them but at least i'm not homeless so small victories

Comment

good news.. you can still do your job .. some day you'll get back in a 'luxury' situation again.. (that's all it is..)
                    and nobody / nothing can make you stop practicing though.. you can still work on a lot of things with just a pad and sticks..
                    (and don't 'really' need pedals for feet..) one time i didn't have a practice room /or an e kit.. and then i joined a band who had
                    a private practice room.. after a month or so.. i got my own key.. and could practice there ..
                    | Diy Roland/Yamaha e-kit | Sonor/Gretsch a-kit | Zildjian/Sabian/Ufip cymbals

Comment

Hi, I understand a bit how you can feel. I can't live in my own home since near 2 year now. I am forced to live at my parents home and find the little place to put my own stuff where I can. I have manage (with difficulty) with them to put my e-drum in the only place I could (in the basement, sad room where it's very cold when I drum there, not heater possible too).

All that because I have been buying a house with "hidden problems" and I am in justice now and it will takes long time and lot of money.(but it seems on the good way slowly).

Try to keep positive mindset, read a bit of "philosophy" (stoicism, etc) and breathe. In short, manage yourself to not be crazy and keep strong.

Best wishes

edit: use practice pads. You can develop awesome chops for when you will play again. Maybe get a hi-hat too, it take little room if you can. Bass drum on the sofa (have seen that) and play on different pillow for moving around, etc. Play also with music tracks if you feel bored sometimes. there is special tracks for rudiment I have read.
                      Last edited by Kaerio; 01-05-18, 07:47 AM.

Comment

You have a roof over your head mate, that's the main thing. The rest will follow gradually. Keep the faith

Comment

glad to hear you found something - you have shelter, and that's important!

maybe you could get one of these
                          https://www.amazon.com/Sabian-QTM14-...JS/ref=sr_1_1?
                          or a used pintech or alesis mesh pad and a used snare stand to keep your chops fresh and have a little drumming fun.
                          Yamaha DTX502 module, 3 Pintech 10 inch Concertcast Dual Zone pads, Pintech PC10, PCY100 and PCY135.on a Roland MDS-7 rack.

Comment

Hang in there partner, we are with ya!!! keep us posted!

K
                            My bands: Alter Ego, Arcanum
                            E Kit = Roland TDW-20s kit // Roland SPD-S// Pearl Demon Drives//
                            A Kit = Tama Swingstar 5 pc (1981) w/roto toms (orig owner!) //Zildjians
                            A Kit = Natal 6 pc with Paiste 2000 & Zildjian/MidiKNights/DrumSplitters

Comment

Good to hear you at least have a roof over your head! Good luck anyway! Maybe a practice pad can "keep you busy", and allow you to work on some technique / keep your technique on level.
                              'lectric drumma
                              Roland TD-20, Hart Dynamics 7.6, 2 x PD-7, extra PD-7 and Hart Snare laying around, Vic Firth Dave Weckl signature sticks, Axis A-longboards double pedal, Sony MDR-CD780 headphones and not enough inputs.

Comment

Working...
                              X