This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Signatures...

I'd love to update (well, create now since my old one is gone) a signature but the rules in place seem too strict to do so. No sizing for text, no HTML and every time I try to save at least a basic one, it says "too many lines" (more than 3, even though there are only 2 lines there). I don't meant to complain but does one create a decent, nice looking signature, am I missing something with the editor?

Thanks,

Jack
    , Alesis ControlPad, M-Audio Fast Track Pro, SONOR X1 Studio, Tascam 24 Track

Yes, I have it toned down at the moment. In the last 11 months, our database tripled in size due to a few things we began allowing last year. For the time being, I've limited a few things until I know the forum is stable and we have backups running on a scheduled basis. (we didnt before)

I'm actually setting up the scheduled cronjob (weekly backup) today and it will run for the first time this Saturday night. Once I've confirmed it's automation is working correctly, I will be expanding some of the currently limited features.

Check again in about a week. Until then, everyone's limited to 3 lines and basic editing. Old signatures that exceed the limitations will stay, but if you edit them, they'll probably bounce.
    Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Alan @ V Expressions View Post
      Yes, I have it toned down at the moment...
      Understood, I'll wait until you allow, I understand the issue as well (20 years IT)...

Jack
      , Alesis ControlPad, M-Audio Fast Track Pro, SONOR X1 Studio, Tascam 24 Track

Comment

Hi,

Not to complain either, but I can't see anywhere under my profile to edit my signature now that I have one set up. Also I added a website link and it is not showing up - only the link to the profile page.

thanks
        TD30KV, SPD-S, SPD-30, RMP-5, Jamhub Greenroom, Tama Iron Cobra double peddle, Pearl RH-2000 remote HH, CowPaddy, BeatBar, IW Drums Lites, Stealth AtoE 16" Ride, 8" Splash cymbals.

Comment

Originally posted by cyberdyke View Post
          Hi,

Not to complain either, but I can't see anywhere under my profile to edit my signature now that I have one set up. Also I added a website link and it is not showing up - only the link to the profile page.

thanks
          Try signing out/in. I'll look into it anyway. I don't think I disabled links.
          Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Alan @ V Expressions View Post
            ...and we have backups running on a scheduled basis. (we didnt before)

I'm actually setting up the scheduled cronjob (weekly backup) today and it will run for the first time this Saturday night. Once I've confirmed it's automation is working correctly...
            It's great to have weekly backups running successfully. I was really saddened to read what happened.

Just a piece of friendly advice on this point - get yourself a development/testing/staging (whatever you want to call it) environment provisioned and test that your backups will actually restore your site after a catastrophic event.

I've worked in an IT infrastructure environment, long enough to know: it's one thing to have successful database and web server backups - it's an entirely different matter that your backups will work in a crisis
            -Drums
            Module | Software: Roland - TD-9 v2 upgrade | V Expressions Acustix, Metal Mania
            Pads | Cymbals: Roland - PD-105, KD-120, SPD-S | VH-11, CY-14C, CY-15R
            Mounting Hardware: Pearl stands - no rack(et) required!
            Pedals: Yamaha - DFP9500C
            Sticks: Vic Firth - JoJo Mayer SJM

Comment

I too, being a new member noticed the same thing. I was trying to get my kit in the signature like someone posted in a sticky and could not get it to accept, even when only having 3 lines. ???? Please help!
              avsg1rl - My Kit Thread
              Drumming since September 2011

Comment

In the recent rebuild, we chose to "tidy up" the signatures a bit. This is a temporary change. I am currently discussing with the moderators what we will change to and allow. There will be an updated sticky once we make those decisions and changes.
                Alan

Comment

Any more info on this? It has been 6 months and I would like to add my kit to my sig.

thanks bunches =)

avsg1rl

This is what I want added to my sig:
                  Roland MDS-3C Rack / Roland TD9v2 / VEX Masters and Naturals / Alesis DM5 Drum Module / Roland PD-120 Snare / Pintech 10" CC101ST-EZ Tom / Pintech 8" CC081ST-EZ Tom (x3) / Roland VH-11 (Hi-Hat) / Roland CY12r/c (Crash1) / Roland CY8 (Crash2) / Roland CY12r/c (Ride) / Alesis ION 10" Cymbal (Splash) / Yamaha KP-65 Kick Module / Vater Multi-stick Holder / RocNSoc Drum Throne / Behringer Xenyx 802 Mixer
                  avsg1rl - My Kit Thread
                  Drumming since September 2011

Comment

Originally posted by avsg1rl View Post
                    Any more info on this? It has been 6 months and I would like to add my kit to my sig.

thanks bunches =)

avsg1rl...
                    I posted an update request to the other Moderators - unfortunately, this was being discussed at the same time we were still rebuilding, restoring, etc various other issues from the hack of this site last year...
                    Hart Pro 6.4 (Hammered Chrome), Roland TD-8, Gibraltar Throne w/ Backrest, Tama Iron Cobra Bass Pedal, ALTEC A7-500 "Voice of the Theatre" Speaker/Horn System with Sunn Concert Slave amp and lot of other audio stuff, Sony MDR-7506 Headphones, Zildjian DipSticks - and Czech Skorpian, Heckler & Koch MP5, etc Submachine Guns to stick out the window behind my kit for some quite unique fills...

Comment

The current signature settings are as follows:
                      • Maximum Lines: 4 (this is an increase from previous)
                      • Maximum Characters: 500
                      • Maximum Characters w/ BB Code: 1000 (allows for links to additional information and images)
                      • Text size and color has been restricted.
                      • Images are no longer permitted.

We feel this is enough room to concisely list gear with a brief bio and/or additional information.
                      Alan

Comment

where do we go to change our settings? i've been checking out parts of my profile and can't find it.
                        New kit in progress: 3 Pintech 10 inch Concertcast Dual Zone pads, Pintech PC10 (hi-hat)
                        Yamaha PCY100 on the way

Comment

User Settings > Account > Conversation Detail Options
                          Bringing my freaky-looking monster e-kit to classic rock! In the Toronto area? Come check us out at a gig near you.
                          Please take a sec to Like my band's Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/wickedtruthband/

Comment

Originally posted by Outlaw Pilot View Post
                            User Settings > Account > Conversation Detail Options
                            thank you!

New kit in progress: 3 Pintech 10 inch Concertcast Dual Zone pads, Pintech PC10 (hi-hat)
                            Yamaha PCY100 on the way

Comment

No problem
                              Bringing my freaky-looking monster e-kit to classic rock! In the Toronto area? Come check us out at a gig near you.
                              Please take a sec to Like my band's Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/wickedtruthband/

Comment

Working...
                              X