Announcement

Collapse

Forum Talk Posting Guidelines

This forum is for vBulletin-related discussion only! Do not ask product/advice/technical questions here. Topics posted incorrectly will be deleted.
See more
See less

Empty PMs

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Empty PMs

I've recently received several PMs that appeared to be empty, but which are actually not. The first time I thought maybe someone had sent me an empty PM by mistake. But it's happened again, and if I hover the mouse arrow over the PM title in the 'Messages' dropdown menu, I can see part of the message that won't show up later when I click on it. Has this happened to anyone else? It's quite annoying as I now realise a few people probably thought I was rudely ignoring them...
    MegaDrum module, DIY A2E pads, DIY hall effect 3 zone hi hat, DIY 1, 2 & 3 zone cymbals, DIY kick beater triggers on DIY modded longboard, direct drive pedals, DIY triple driver IEMs, El Cheapo Buttkicker. Various VSTs running in a tweaked Linux Mint. Kit pics thread

Sounds like untitled PMs? Can you open the PM and see who it's from? The only change I made to PMs recently is disallowing unconfirmed members from using PMs, in an attempt to make sure spammers don't attempt to send PMs before their membership is approved.

I would need more info to research further and see if there is actually an issue.

If you can supply some screenshots, that would help me understand better.
    Alan
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Here are a couple of screenshots: one where I hover over the PM title and you can see some of the message content, and the other where I've clicked on it and it's empty. Let me know if you need more info.
      Screenshot_1.png
      Screenshot_2.png
      Attached Files
      MegaDrum module, DIY A2E pads, DIY hall effect 3 zone hi hat, DIY 1, 2 & 3 zone cymbals, DIY kick beater triggers on DIY modded longboard, direct drive pedals, DIY triple driver IEMs, El Cheapo Buttkicker. Various VSTs running in a tweaked Linux Mint. Kit pics thread

Comment

Okay, I see.

This is a new member who has not reached "approved" status yet. He's under the temporary new member moderation time frame. He joined in April, but has only posted once.

So, when I changed newly registered and unconfirmed members to the inability to send PMs, it apparently did something in the backend.

Once he hits 3 posts, and is approved on the third post, he will be able to PM you. So, he just got caught up in the change.

In the meantime, respond to him, and see if he can see your PM. Let me know.

You can also respond to him here: https://www.vdrums.com/forum/advance...n-ear-monitors

BTW, I did this to avoid spammers being able to PM members.
        Alan
        website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message

Comment

Cheers for looking into it Alan. Yeah when you said that new members couldn't send PMs I figured it probably had something to do with it, but I reasoned that if that's the case I shouldn't be getting any notifications either (nor should they be able to send the PMs - they still think they can do that because I just received another one).

I think they can see my replies, but I can't be sure because I can't see theirs

Comment

Working...
          X