Announcement

Collapse

Forum Talk Posting Guidelines

vBULLETIN DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!
See more
See less

what's with links on this forum?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what's with links on this forum?

any time i see a link to an older thread, clicking it just takes me to the forum homepage?
    Roland TD-6v, PD-85 rack toms, PD-105BK floor tom, Mapex snare with ISM-6, PDP MX 22" kick with ISM, iron cobra 900 double pedal, 2x hart e-cymbals, CY-5 as splash, CY-8, PCY-130, CY-12R, an L80 hi-hat with cheap-o trigger with goedrum hi hat controller. EZdrummer2+EZX/Addictive Drums 2 VSTs.

I've noticed that too, People can't find the info they need because of this, which means they have to re-ask older questions, something which is frowned upon here......

Comment

We're completely fine with older questions getting asked again... from a moderator standpoint. Can't speak for impatient members, though.

As for the older broken links, I have covered this multiple times... but I will create a sticky about it. (that's my bad)

Short version... it was due to an upgrade and server move many years ago. Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do to tie the old links to the new topic addresses. Believe me, I've asked vB a couple of times about this, and there is simply no way to do it. (there's no record of the old links to match them to new addresses)

So, who's to blame? Actually, it's vB's fault. They did not choose the correct option when upgrading and moving. We used the older version for url creation, and they left the "new default" option chosen. The newer "named" version is actually better for Google, as it influences Google searches. (at least, it did last I researched... but Google known for making bad choices)
      Alan
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

fairly new here, so apologies if it's been discussed many times before

so basically is it just a case that these links all date from before the server change then? so links to threads since then should work, there's just many older ones that won't?
        Roland TD-6v, PD-85 rack toms, PD-105BK floor tom, Mapex snare with ISM-6, PDP MX 22" kick with ISM, iron cobra 900 double pedal, 2x hart e-cymbals, CY-5 as splash, CY-8, PCY-130, CY-12R, an L80 hi-hat with cheap-o trigger with goedrum hi hat controller. EZdrummer2+EZX/Addictive Drums 2 VSTs.

Comment

Correct. New links use “name” addresses. They are clearly different from the older type of urls. Wish we could fix it.
          Alan
          website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message

Comment

I have used the custom google search to find older stuff.
            Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

Working...
            X