Announcement

Collapse

Forum Talk Posting Guidelines

vBULLETIN DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!
See more
See less

Problem with "Go to first post" button

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with "Go to first post" button

A little issue some of us have noticed with the Official Users Topic: Pearl Mimic Pro topic as I posted there.

I am having a problem with the "Go to first new post" button on this topic/post (all others work fine). It does highlight when a new post has been entered but when I click on the button it does not take me to my last view (new post) but rather a couple pages back where I already have been. This appears to be unique only with this topic.

Yes, that is correct for me also.
    "It makes sense if you dont think about it"

Mimic Pro, SPD-SX, 2-QSC K-10s, K-sub, Yamaha mixer, and a bunch of other expensive cool things!

Comment

I am aware. I reported this to vB on June 27th. It happens when I move numerous posts to another topic. This happened last year with another topic. I've yet to be told what the issue is, or when they'll fix it. I believe the other was the 50 "user's" thread, and that finally began working properly after a while. So, I believe this is a server side issue that will work itself out over time - most likely with a server reset. I was hoping it would have remedied itself over night, but it hasn't happened yet. I do have a ticket open on it.
      Alan
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Actually, serendipitously, I kind of like it for very active topics where two pages of entries can appear overnight. Thought it would be better fixed, It gives me a chance to go back to about where I might have left off. I just go forward from there.
        ATV aDrums & aD5, Pearl Mimic Pro & DIY, Agean R-series Silent Cymbals, Roland Handsonic HPD-20.

Comment

No biggie just something I noticed. Thanks again Alan...

Comment

I'm reopening this topic, as I need to know how widespread this issue is.

I am having a problem with the "Go to first new post" button on this topic/post (all others work fine). It does highlight when a new post has been entered but when I click on the button it does not take me to my last view (new post) but rather a couple pages back where I already have been. This appears to be unique only with this topic.
            The above issue happens with both the "goto latest" and "last" post links in all relevant placings. (Latest Topics, Today's Posts, index, etc...)

Although this seems to be happening with a few topics, this one is most noticable; placing the member about 2.5 pages from the intended post. https://www.vdrums.com/forum/general...earl-mimic-pro

Please tell me ONLY if you are experiencing the above issue, and what BROWSER you are using. Also, let me know if you have cleared your cache/cookies, and still experience the issue.

Thank you!
            Alan

Comment

Allan,

I had to wait until there were new posting before I could test. I tried with Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Edge - same result in all three. It takes to me two pages prior to current. My cache was cleared in all (Firefox and Edge were new installs). For me, it only appears to happen with this topic (although I have not visited new posts in ALL topics)

Thanks again,
              Steve K

Comment

Since I keep getting told vB "cannot reproduce the issue", I just made a video for them proving it happens.

Thanks for the info, Steve.
                Alan

Comment

Happens in iOS as well. Have had the issue for a while.

only happens with the Mimic thread, other threads work fine
                  DTX700, A2E Dixon kit, Yamaha cymbals, FSR HH Kit Pix

My new venture: voglosounds.com

Comment

Chrome on PC, cache, cookies, etc. cleared.
                    Only happens on the Mimic users thread from the day you created it.
                    The strange thing is every once in a while during the same day it will work properly but it is very rare.
                    "It makes sense if you dont think about it"

Mimic Pro, SPD-SX, 2-QSC K-10s, K-sub, Yamaha mixer, and a bunch of other expensive cool things!

Comment

Thanks guys. I've pointed vB support to this topics AGAIN. They don't seem to want to believe me. I'm growing tired of their "I cannot reproduce it" responses, and ignoring the ticket after that.
                      Alan

Comment

This was repaired a while back.
                        Alan

Comment

Working...
                        X