Announcement

Collapse

Forum Talk Posting Guidelines

The Forum Talk forum is for vBulletin discussion only. Topics posted incorrectly will be deleted.
See more
See less

Protocol when you have something to sell

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protocol when you have something to sell

When reading a discussion thread and a person says "I'm thinking about getting X" or "I can't decide between X and Y" and you have something relevant to sell, what is the proper protocol in such situations? Seems to me that this forum is first-and-foremost about helping each other, and none of us would want to be perceived as trying to steer a discussion in a certain way for personal gain. Please advise.
    TD30 | PD-128S, PD-128, (2) PD-108, PD-120 | KD-120 | (2) CY15R, (2) CY14C, CY13R, CY12C, VH11 | MDS-25 rack | DW3000 double bass pedal | DW3000 HH stand | roc-n-soc nitro throne | Audio Technica ATH-M40x

Correct. We frown upon just commenting in a thread with the pure intention of simply pointing someone to something you have for sale. There's no need, as everyone has access to the classifieds and PMs.
    Alan
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Thanks Alan,

Pardon my ignorance... does PM stand for 'private message'? Is it OK to message a person on the thread privately in such situations? (Of course, in a non-pushy way :-)
      TD30 | PD-128S, PD-128, (2) PD-108, PD-120 | KD-120 | (2) CY15R, (2) CY14C, CY13R, CY12C, VH11 | MDS-25 rack | DW3000 double bass pedal | DW3000 HH stand | roc-n-soc nitro throne | Audio Technica ATH-M40x

Comment

I meant that anyone that can access classified, but not necessarily post, could use PMs to contact a seller. If sellers start using PMs to try to sell stuff, they usually will get reported, and we would feel the need to send a warning and or take action.
        Alan
        website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message

Comment

Working...
        X