This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Topic Update Timing and Information

I am putting this here as I expect someone to make a topic at some point asking why their posts are not showing on forum home page(s) the second they make them.

vB has made the following change to the search function to improve results in this area. I had relayed to them that new posts were sometimes getting missed. Differences could be seen between "recent" and "today's" pages. Here's their version...

We've made the following changes to the search caching on your site. The purpose of the code is to show updates in threads and the forum pages faster. However there is still going to be at least a 1 minute delay before new posts show up in Today's Posts and other searches that hit the entire site.
    So, when you make a post, it may take a minute to show on the home and forum pages. Please do not freak out and make a topic asking where your post went.
    Alan
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It appears this is no longer an issue. It may still take up to a minute for some actions (mainly new posts & threads) to be seen on the home page. I believe that is the timing rate they have the database updating the home page. Personally, as I've monitored this, it seems fairly instant. Maybe they've repaired it completely.
    Alan
    website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message

Comment

Working...
    X