Announcement

Collapse

Forum Talk Posting Guidelines

vBULLETIN DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

If you cannot post, please visit our Forum Talk forum for answers to more frequently asked questions.

Is your post missing? Please read forum descriptions & guidelines within before posting in the wrong forum.

See more
See less

Where did everyone go?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where did everyone go?

It just seems like this place has turned into a ghost town ?? Over the past 2 years I have seen a decline in posts and most notable the past year. I dont post alot myself but I do tons of reading and lately there has been nothing to read, I remember when I couldnt even keep up with the posts If I didnt log on every day several times a day even...Now I could go for weeks or months and not see much activity, seems like most of the old timers are gone also ?

Rick
    Last edited by yzf125; 01-17-15, 08:36 AM.
    Roland TD-12 Ludwig A2E 5pc kit, VH-11
    Studio Drummer, Abbey Road 60's 70's 80's, AD2, SSD4, SD3
    Komplete Audio 6, JBL Eon 515XT, Mackie FX12, DAW Studio One 3

Rick, I felt the same way back in the spring, so much so that I posted about it too. I used to stop by daily to catch up but since the VB5 issues, I can drop by once a month and still not feel like I've missed anything. As a result, I've lost some of my DIY motivation and my Gretsch "Sunrise Burst" project still isn't complete. Maybe with the onset of cold weather we will spend more time working on projects and posting here in the forums.
    Roland TD12 module / DIY Kit in progress, Gretsch Blackhawk A (soon to be E) kit.

Comment

Yes, it seems that VB5 is killing this forum. A few members post at DrummerWorld (which is error free and lightning fast). It's just not the same though. Too bad.
      "It makes sense if you dont think about it"

Mimic Pro, SPD-SX, 2-QSC K-10s, K-sub, Yamaha mixer, and a bunch of other expensive cool things!

Comment

It's not the software as such, as there's many places where VB5 is running well, but it does seem that the setup here is somewhat borked, which has lead to a general defection....
        *** Never buy a module without MIDI IN ***
        Yamaha & Roland modules. DTX,TM-2, EC-10m, SP-404. Multi12. TrapKat. ControlPads. Octapad, SamplePad, Wavedrum. Handsonic. Dynacord RhythmStick. MPC. Paiste 2002/Signatures. Cajons. Djembes. Darbuka. Windsynth. MIDI Bass. Tenori-on. Zoom ARQ. Synths. Ukes.

Comment

yea i noticed the drop in old timers as well as post. i am one of the guilty ones of not being here much, reason is that i took up a new hobby buying a seadoo jetski and spent all last winter restoring / rebuilding it. i simply needed a break from the drum world and shifted my focus on the seadoo. i just played my drums for the first time in over a year and is great to be back.
          i agree with the above that the VB issues may have a lot to do with a loss of post and members which is sad ive checked in from time to time and seems very slow these days. i hope it all comes back as this has been a great forum. so c'mon guys, we need to get the worlds greatest vdrum forum back in order.
          Pearl Mimic pro, A to E 7 piece Pearl Decade maple, ddrum Deccabons, Ddrum DDTi, UFO X-bar triggers, Real feel heads, Gibraltar rack, VH13, PD105 side snare, Roc-N-Soc,Tama Iron Cobra, Iron cobra high hat stand, Cobra clutch, Pearl throne thumper, Roland and Kit Toys cymbals, Roland KC 500, Promark

Comment

I have been wondering the same thing. I'd like to point the finger at Vb5 but it's a lot of the regulars that made this forum what it is that have been absent...Jim Fiore, Bam Bam, Michael Render, Cheapthrill, Grog, RandallStevens, Hod4smack, tsignitch, Fullback32, Larsyouputz, sycle1, 3CupCandy, Drumrgal, TNT, HAMPIS!!!!! and his bevvy of blondes, WildWes, Daveybabes, , and a whole host of others too numerous to name including all the ones in the first two VDrum Forum videos....... that just aren't here at all. Sad, really. I miss them all.

K ;-)
            My bands: Alter Ego, Arcanum
            E Kit = Roland TDW-20s kit // Roland SPD-S// Pearl Demon Drives//
            A Kit = Tama Swingstar 5 pc (1981) w/roto toms (orig owner!) //Zildjians
            A Kit = Natal 6 pc with Paiste 2000 & Zildjian/MidiKNights/DrumSplitters

Comment

I know I was gone for awhile due to frustrations on the forum upgrade. Nothing I posted would post, and eventually gave up reading cause I couldn't respond to anything. But recently it seems to be working slightly better so I am around more, not that I am useful, but perhaps others will slowly creep back in.
              Yamaha DTX-502 / (3) PCY155 Cymbals / HH65 HH Pedal
              Roland KD-9 Kick / DIY Snare (1 zone with DTX...)

Comment

I'm here everyday but most everyone defected, like our OZ brothers defected to FB at the E-Drums Word page https://www.facebook.com/groups/300497260045442/ and digitalDrummer https://www.facebook.com/groups/digitaldrummer/.

Even as "glitchy" as FB is...it's not as bad as it's been here. I have settled on reading more than posting unless merited as time has been a factor and I really don't have any Roland gear to speak of any more. So I mostly just respond to the DIY and 2Box posts.
                8 piece DIY Acrylic, 2x2Box DrumIt5, Gen16 4xDCP, DIY Acrylic&Gen16 Conversions, Sleishman Twin-QuadSteele hybrid, Gibraltar&DrumFrame rack, DW9502LB, Midi Knights Pro Lighting
                http://www.airbrushartists.org/DreamscapeAirbrushRealm

Comment

I think many haven't found us since the move. The urls have changed, the sitemap has issues, and I'm waiting for vB to get it fixed. Upon a repair, it will then take Google weeks to index us. This is when people will find us again. Yea, it sucks that this is so jacked up. At this point, I can only continue to put the pieces back together and look long-term.

If any of you are friends with those mentioned on Facebook, have them add our FB page. This will help them find us faster.
                  Alan
                  -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message | recommendations

Comment

Personally I can't stand using Facebook as a type of Forum. It's all one linear mess with crap everywhere.
                    Yamaha DTX-502 / (3) PCY155 Cymbals / HH65 HH Pedal
                    Roland KD-9 Kick / DIY Snare (1 zone with DTX...)

Comment

And, for many of us, FB is blocked from work, while this forum isn't...
                      eKit (TD-30KV): http://www.vdrums.com/forum/performa...y-s-drums-td39
                      aKit: (Tama Starclassic): http://www.vdrums.com/forum/acoustic...ma-starclassic
                      TD30Browser: http://www.vdrums.com/forum/general/...4-td30-browser

Comment

And, full of spam, malware, viruses, etc.
                        Glad to see you back Kgoroway.
                        "It makes sense if you dont think about it"

Mimic Pro, SPD-SX, 2-QSC K-10s, K-sub, Yamaha mixer, and a bunch of other expensive cool things!

Comment

Originally posted by Intruder View Post
                          Glad to see you back Kgoroway.
                          I'm always here, never went anywhere...hoping things will return to the way they once were. :-)
                          eKit (TD-30KV): http://www.vdrums.com/forum/performa...y-s-drums-td39
                          aKit: (Tama Starclassic): http://www.vdrums.com/forum/acoustic...ma-starclassic
                          TD30Browser: http://www.vdrums.com/forum/general/...4-td30-browser

Comment

And I was told I'm one of the few still having problems with this site....

Comment

I really hope things turn around here because this was like a home page to me, always learning something new and just interesting conversational threads, kind of felt like a community of close friends. Would really love to see some of the oldtimers return, I have been on here since 02 and registered in 04.

I wonder if the lack of BIG improvements in drum modules has also put a hurt on this place, For example when the TD-30 came out, everyone including myself expected HUGE changes and then only got a rebranded TD-20 with a few new sounds .... Just seemed like all the steam left everyone after the dust settled. There isnt really anything latest and greatest from any of the manufactures in some time that are game changers, I dont know just I thought I guess.
                              Roland TD-12 Ludwig A2E 5pc kit, VH-11
                              Studio Drummer, Abbey Road 60's 70's 80's, AD2, SSD4, SD3
                              Komplete Audio 6, JBL Eon 515XT, Mackie FX12, DAW Studio One 3

Comment

Working...
                              X