Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EZdrummer 2 DEMO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EZdrummer 2 DEMO

Guys, they just released a free demo to download http://www.toontrack.com/product/ezd..._term=download
    Roland TD-12 Ludwig A2E 5pc kit, VH-11
    Studio Drummer, Abbey Road 60's 70's 80's, AD2, SSD4, SD3
    Komplete Audio 6, JBL Eon 515XT, Mackie FX12, DAW Studio One 3

Ok, I gave it a try and here is a very quick view of what I think how it sounds and plays with Vdrums.

1 - It was VERY easy to get up and running with my set up and had to make NO changes !

2 - The Hi hats play EXCELLENT ! Best playing hats of any VST I have tried !

3 - Great easy to use mixer and interface

The not so great

1 - The velocity layers are not so good only if you like playing at 127... its missing a range of dynamic samples from soft to hard

2 - The sound samples are a bit thin and very compressed sounding, It is geared more towards modern day metal sound.

I do like this VST the best so far of the new Drum VST's released this year, but im on the fence with buying it because of the lack of dynamics and thin over compressed sound samples. I did a side by side comparison of this with Studio Drummer and there is a BIG difference in sound quality and depth that EZ2 just doesnt have . Although the Hi Hats are by far the best playing and sounding of any Drum VST out there, I might get it just for that alone. I am interested to hear other opinions on this but that is what I think.
    Roland TD-12 Ludwig A2E 5pc kit, VH-11
    Studio Drummer, Abbey Road 60's 70's 80's, AD2, SSD4, SD3
    Komplete Audio 6, JBL Eon 515XT, Mackie FX12, DAW Studio One 3

Comment

Great news about the demo! Totally agree with your short review, for me the biggest downfall is the limited mixer - impossible to control bleeds and sends levels into OH and ROOM channels. The drums themselves sound great, not keen on presets but good starting point, and the dynamics are ok but a bit limited in the 80-110 zone. Great tool to rehearse and jam, limited for pro recording (that s what SD is for though!)

Comment

Pretty cool that toontrack decided to put out a demo....seems like they do hear our concerns on this forum..They just put out 2 updates to the software and downloading now

Comment

Mmm, seems to be bout 10 or so velocity layers for most drums. Perhaps 8 or 9 for some crashes but about twice that for the snare. I tried Ezdrummer 1 with VDrums a couple of years back and we got very frustrated about not being able to choose what crash you wanted for a certain pad. They still don't allow MIDI remapping but you can now load any crash in any position in the EzDrummer GUI. That could help alot.

Comment

I highly recommend getting the classic ezx as it sounds sdx quality. It has more samples and articulations and the hi hat has 7 levels of open to closed articulations (9 incl. tip/edge) plus pedal close and open/splash. Ez drummer 2 has 6 levels (8 with tip/edge) and metal Machine 4 levels (5 with tip) as comparisons. The paiste hats in the library are amazing as well as the other cymbals. I can't believe this is ezx as the metal foundry was such a disappointment to me as the snares are thin and rim shot samples don't ring out to sound real.. plus not a fan of presets. I know it's raw recording but still I was expecting much better playability and sound. Maybe evil drums sdx is better ..

Comment

Duplicate post...
              Last edited by drumlab84; 05-29-14, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X