Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm desperate for help. Please please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm desperate for help. Please please

Sorry to be such a begger. I have a td 20 with a tdw20 chip. I'm trying to use bfd3 and can't get the mapping even close to right. I'm so lost and discouraged. what do I need to do to get these working with each other.

I'm not familiar with bfd3 but there should be a "map" window/preferences where you can choose Roland or GM map.
    DTX700, eDRUMin 4+10, A2E Dixon kit, Yamaha cymbals, FSR HH
    Kit Pix http://vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=613

My new venture, HiEnd Speakers. : voglosounds.com

Comment

If you go to the Mapping section of BFD3 and select the TD-20 under "Load MIDI presets" , you'll be pretty much ready to go. I tested with the 30 and it was spot on. If that doesn't work (and I really can't see why it won't), you can use midi learn and go around the kit drum by drum teaching BFD - it's really easy.
      . digitalDrummer
      Review index

Comment

• Leigh Leavitt
        Leigh Leavitt commented
        Editing a comment
        It's weird. I set up the TD-20 preset and it thought drums were cymbals and etc. Also didn't have hi hat stuff down right and such

To do custom mapping in BFD3
      1. select a kit piece - for example snare
      2. hit a pad or zone on the kit (make sure "follow MIDI input or select MIDI note by input" is selected in preferences)
      3. on the left (piano roll) you will see that the corresponding note is selected (orange colour)
      4. on the right hand panel you will see the available articulations for that kit piece (Hit, rim etc) - drag and drop on the selected note the articulation you want mapped to that note
      5. save your custom maps

for the hats - its sligthly different and depends on your hats (VH12?) - make sure "variable hats" is ticked and "link tip and edge articulations"

that should get you started..

Comment

Thanks everyone so much. Going to go try it out

Comment

Welcome to the Forums btw....how about some pics of your setup and a nice intro in the Foyer section? Have fun here!

K
          My bands: Alter Ego, Arcanum
          E Kit = Roland TDW-20s kit // Roland SPD-S// Pearl Demon Drives//
          A Kit = Tama Swingstar 5 pc (1981) w/roto toms (orig owner!) //Zildjians
          A Kit = Natal 6 pc with Paiste 2000 & Zildjian/MidiKNights/DrumSplitters

Comment

• Leigh Leavitt
            Leigh Leavitt commented
            Editing a comment
            Yea Kenster! Thanks for the warm welcome
        Working...
        X