Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Midi controller/2i2 for Superior Drummer ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Midi controller/2i2 for Superior Drummer ?

Hi, I looked over the VST primer, yet I still am somewhat confused. I have a TD6 module using a Focusrite 2i2 into my Macbook pro for recording.
    If I were to go the Superior Drummer route, would I just need something like this(see link below) ? Would the 2i2 be taken out of the picture? At what point if any would I or could use the 2i2 and/or the MIDI interface while using Superior Drummer?

http://www.americanmusical.com/Item-...FUNqOgod6wIAGQ

Thanks

Roland VClub
    TD-6
    Sony MDR 7406 Phones

The signal-flow in the end should look kinda like this:

From TD-6 MIDI Out -->To MIDI Interface MIDI In --> From MIDI Interface USB Out --> To Computer running Superior --> From Computer's USB --> To Focusrite 2i2 --> From 2i2 Audio Outputs --> To Speakers or Headphones

Should get you going...

HTH
    Greetings from Switzerland,
    - Dänoh

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

Originally posted by hairmetal-81 View Post
      The signal-flow in the end should look kinda like this:

From TD-6 MIDI Out -->To MIDI Interface MIDI In --> From MIDI Interface USB Out --> To Computer running Superior --> From Computer's USB --> To Focusrite 2i2 --> From 2i2 Audio Outputs --> To Speakers or Headphones

Should get you going...

HTH
      Ok great, thanks. That cleared it up.
      Roland VClub
      TD-6
      Sony MDR 7406 Phones

Comment

Working...
      X