Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Addictive Drums 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

AD2 seems to have that same sound they have always had, harsh thin highly compressed and over processed. But their interface is the best out there hands down, you can layer instruments and use different kit pieces from other kits in your library But This is like buying a Ferrari with a 4 cylinder engine !! It just doesnt make sense why they would release this and not change sound engine ?

They missed the boat on AD2......
      Roland TD-12 Ludwig A2E 5pc kit, VH-11
      Studio Drummer, Abbey Road 60's 70's 80's, AD2, SSD4, SD3
      Komplete Audio 6, JBL Eon 515XT, Mackie FX12, DAW Studio One 3

Comment

Thanks YZF that's what I was hearing before -- for what I want, AD1 will work just fine. I think I'll be saving up for BFD3.

Comment

Have you considered Studio Drummer ? Its my current go to VST, I think it has the best samples and the mixer is great along with top notch effects, EQ, transient master and comp. Easy to dial in a kit to any kind of music and has 3 kits to choose from. It sounds great and plays great, The only thing lacking is the Hi Hat play ability.
          Roland TD-12 Ludwig A2E 5pc kit, VH-11
          Studio Drummer, Abbey Road 60's 70's 80's, AD2, SSD4, SD3
          Komplete Audio 6, JBL Eon 515XT, Mackie FX12, DAW Studio One 3

Comment

No I haven't but I'll look at that. The only two I'm familiar with are BFDeco and AD.

Thanks again,
            SKK

Comment

In my opinion AD2 sounds great (better than AD1) because of the new sound engine. Ok same kind technology and compressed sounds as in AD1 but still a AD1 ADPack sounds better in AD2. Then you have the nice freedom to tweak your sounds to whatever you want. I was out and playing with my coverband yesterday... and had complied 3 different sets...which I alternate between. The Fairfax toms sounds amazing on stage and I can not say that my 6 assigned cymbals sounds bad either... they actually sounds great listening on my recordings from the stage.

Best regards

Angr77
              Pearl CrystalBeat and Sonor Safari, Roland CY-14/13R/15R/12CR,RT-10/30,BT-1,VH-11/12/13 & KD-10, Dingbat,Triggera D14, D11, ATV AD-h14, PCY-155, 120MHz MD with PS board, 2box 3/5/5MKII, dd4SE, Yamaha DTX502, Addictive Drums 2.1.19. All ADpaks, Microsoft Surface PRO, Macbook, Pearl Throne Thumper, Zourman HH & Ride Conv Kit www.zourman.com

Comment

Originally posted by yzf125 View Post
                Have you considered Studio Drummer ? Its my current go to VST, I think it has the best samples and the mixer is great along with top notch effects, EQ, transient master and comp. Easy to dial in a kit to any kind of music and has 3 kits to choose from. It sounds great and plays great, The only thing lacking is the Hi Hat play ability.
                +1 for NI Studio Drummer, been using it for professional recordings for a few years now and for me it has the best balance between overall playability/dynamics and sound quality/versatility with mixing to suit different situations. I used to be a Fxpansion man since BFD1 and still have a soft spot for BFD's high quality samples but it unfortunately doesn't make the cut in terms of playability (restricted dynamic range on Vdrums).

Superior is fab for practicing but i have never been able to actually use those samples on their own (i.e. not layered with SD) on someone's album - people seem to dislike the "harsh" sound of snares especially (always sound like their EQ'ed towards the high frequencies and too compressed).

We're spoilt for choice all in all..comes down to personal pref!

Comment

I have a couple of very annoying problems here.

First, the HH control seems to go to sleep. After playing for a while with the HH in Close position, when I try to open it at first, it doesn't recognize it, I have to close and re-open to get the HH Open sound.

Also, my rim is not recognized on my snare. So, no cross-stick.

The HH issue makes it unplayable for me. I tried different mapping like the 502, or 900 and also different open sensitivity. Didn't work.
                  DTX700, eDRUMin 4+10, A2E Dixon kit, Yamaha cymbals, FSR HH
                  Kit Pix http://vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=613

My new venture, HiEnd Speakers. : voglosounds.com

Comment

I love NI Studio drummer, and I think NI drum libraries are the best sounding ones, but they have downsides: Only up to 25 velocity levels per drum. Randomization is not as good as many others. Default sensitivity is too low, which requires a none-linear curve and messes up the dynamics. No adjustments for hi-hat. With a good drum module and proper adjustment, some of those downsides can become less significant.

Comment

having useing addictive, superior, bfd2,bfd3 I'm stuck on BFD3....... The expansion packs are amazing too. the sounds are so real... addictive interface was VERY easy to set up though. and worked very well

Comment

Or if you want to sound like Jason Bonham
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPntRarZH3I

Comment

Working...
                        X