Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TD11-KV + SD2.3 = poor sound in real time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD11-KV + SD2.3 = poor sound in real time

Hi guys, hope everyone is doing well...

I have a little problem and as wondering if anyone can help me with this...

Heres the story...

I have td11-kv connected to a Macbook Pro ( 2010, os x 10.9, 8GB ram) via usb cable. I use garage band with superior drummer to trigger sounds and here my problem starts...

Inside SD, when I click in a particular instrument of the "visual drums" (tom, snare, bass drum, etc) i get a "rich" sound as expected. Very good sound.

If I record some track in garage band and them play, I also get a "rich" sound... I don't know if rich sound is the word to express myself here, but i think you get the point. I get the sound as expected, a very good sound.

My problem is when I want to play and listen at the same time, like a live play. I connect my headphones to headphone out jack on MBP and play.. but in these case the sound is much worse... a poor, thinner sound, without life, if you know what i mean...

Does anyone know what could be the problem !?

I have also tried with the free version of Addictive Drums and the something occurs..

Thanks a lot,
    Ruddy

Could be all kinds of things...

- You may want to check your headphones first and make sure they're okay.

- Next, make sure there are no unwanted equalizers in the signal path, i.e. bypass them, turn them off.

- Turn the physical volume of your TD-11 down in order to check that your internal TD-11 sounds don't mess with SD via USB-audio.

- Maybe the trigger settings of SD needs adjustment, too.

HTH
    Greetings from Switzerland,
    - Dänoh

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

Thanks Dänoh !

I will try to look at the equalizers set and volume on the TD11. I believe the problem is not with my headphones, since they sound great with stock td11 kits.

One more thing !! Could it be the sound card from the macbook pro that does not handle the sounds from SD ?!

Regards,
      Ruddy

Comment

Working...
      X