Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any 'suggested settings' for triggering VST drum samples?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any 'suggested settings' for triggering VST drum samples?

I'm happy using my Roland TD-8's built-in sounds for practising, but for recording I use Superior Drummer. I've noticed, however, that the samples played back when I trigger them from my kit sound a little different to the in-built samples.

e.g. The VST samples are all a lot quieter/require harder hits to play the louder samples. Also the hihat pedal control is all over the place, rather than smooth from closed to open.

Are there any trigger settings I should be doing inside the TD-8 module itself to give the VST on my computer a better trigger range etc? Or does the TD-8 module not actually do anything to the MIDI being passed through? If there's any settings I can change to make it better, I assume these are global on the module, rather than per-patch? i.e. If I could have a preset group of trigger settings for playing back VST samples and then another for playing internal module sounds that would be awesome, but I doubt there's a way to do that......is there???

These things are designed from a keyboard so try a more exponential velocity curve in the TD8 or there might be similar options in SD... Someone else will have to chip in with the hi hat issue, cause I don't use one.
    Last edited by airflamesred; 04-02-14, 07:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X