Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum FAQs section for answers to forum related FAQs.

SSD4: Offload instruments, and what about tom rims?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • seasack
    Registered Member
    • 05-2012

SSD4: Offload instruments, and what about tom rims?

Hi!
    Yesterday I added SSD4 Ex to my VST collection. The sounds are good, but I haven't started fiddling with the settings yet - so I am looking forward to tweaking the sounds.

Two questions have come up so far:

1. As I'm running low on memory on my old Macbook, I would like to offload instruments / samples in the kits I'm loading. Say, I only have two tom pads, so I don't need the other two toms provided in the SSD4 preset. I know I can click on the "enable" button in the instruments view, but when I hit the instrument not via my TD-11, but via my mouse, the sample still sounds - so it's loaded.

2. Tom rims
    What? No tom rims? Guys, tell me that they're there! But where?

Cheers!
    TD-11 with 1xPDX 100 and 2x 12" drum-tec Diabolo pads, VH-11, CY 15R, CY-8 + various VSTi's.
  • Leaf Fan
    Registered Member
    • 12-2011

I think if you right click the tom in the picture you can remove the instrument. I dont think there are rim sounds. at least I havent heard them or looked for them.

Comment

• seasack
      Registered Member
      • 05-2012

Thanks, Leaf Fan! That does the trick + changing into cell view mode and clicking on "clear".

Re. the tom rims: You're here as well. Today came the official answer from SSD: "Tom rims are not an included articulation with stock content. We shall look to expand articulations for future expansions." For me, that's really a drawback. It means changing the midi notes on my TD-11 for SSD4 just to avoid playing no sounds at all when hitting the rim by accident...
      TD-11 with 1xPDX 100 and 2x 12" drum-tec Diabolo pads, VH-11, CY 15R, CY-8 + various VSTi's.

Comment

Working...