Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Superior and TD-20X Cymbals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superior and TD-20X Cymbals

Forgive me for what is probably a really simple question. I recently moved from a ddrum 4SE and Roland TMC6 setup, triggering Toontrack Superior to a Roland TD-20X. I had everything dialed in great, but it was a simpler setup without lots of dual zone pads, etc. Obvioulsy, the mapping is completely different, and I am trying to figure out how to correctly map the crashes, chinas, etc. Hihat and ride are great.

So, I have selected the e-drums (Roland) preset as a starting point, but there are a lot of things still not mapping correctly, mainly cymbals. That is where my question comes in. So, it looks like I can map either the bow or the edge to the crash sound, but not both. So, the bow and edge end up triggering different crashes. Do I have to edit the midi note in the Roland module for each cymbal edge so that the edge and bow are the same midi note? Or is there a way to do this in Superior?

Thanks,
    J
    Edrums- KD-120, PD-125 (3), PD-105 (3), Yamaha PCY155, PCY-135 (4)
    Module - Roland TD20X
    Software - Pro Tools and Toontrack Superior

You can definitely map both bow and edge to the crash sound. Drag and drop onto the keyboard view (onto both "keys"). Where is it not working for you?

Comment

Originally posted by zgeggy2k View Post
      You can definitely map both bow and edge to the crash sound. Drag and drop onto the keyboard view (onto both "keys"). Where is it not working for you?
      Thanks! I had never used the dragging and drop method before, so that is new to me. However, after getting most of my crashes mapped, Toontrack Solo crashed! Back to square one!
      Edrums- KD-120, PD-125 (3), PD-105 (3), Yamaha PCY155, PCY-135 (4)
      Module - Roland TD20X
      Software - Pro Tools and Toontrack Superior

Comment

Working...
      X