Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VST double triggering filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VST double triggering filter

Hi,

I'm looking for some VST software that have a double-triggering filter feature because my edrum module is not good enough in this respect. For now, I've only found EdrumMonitor and its paid brother eTrigger. Are there other VST available for this task?

Thanks in advance,
    zieQ

Welcome to the forum, zieQ!

What kind of drum module are you using?
    Have you tried adjusting the Crosstalk-, Retrigg-Cancel- or Mask-Time-parameters of it?

Happy Drumming!

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

I have had the same problem with my e-drum module.
      At first I thought it was my DIY built, then maybe the mesh, but in the end, the module was the culprit.

I fixed it with a DTX700 module.

I had some success when I used DSPTrigger with the old module.
      DTX700, eDRUMin 4+10, A2E Dixon kit, Yamaha cymbals, FSR HH
      Kit Pix http://vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=613

My new venture, HiEnd Speakers. : voglosounds.com

Comment

Originally posted by hairmetal-81 View Post
        Welcome to the forum, zieQ!

What kind of drum module are you using?
        Have you tried adjusting the Crosstalk-, Retrigg-Cancel- or Mask-Time-parameters of it?

Happy Drumming!
        I use a Alesis Trigger I/O with DIY pads (acoustic toms cut in two with mesh heads). Sure, the Alesis Trigger I/O has retrigger settings, but I can't completely eliminate the double-triggering issues on the whole sensibility range: either i miss sensivity on soft hits or I get double-triggering on hard hits. I've already tried different alternatives for the construction of the pads, but it does not solve the problem. I finally think it's related to the module so I would like to fix the problem with filtering software such as a VST midi filter.

Comment

Originally posted by perceval View Post
          I have had the same problem with my e-drum module.
          At first I thought it was my DIY built, then maybe the mesh, but in the end, the module was the culprit.

I fixed it with a DTX700 module.

I had some success when I used DSPTrigger with the old module.
          Thanks, I didn't find this one. What do you mean by "I had some success": did you completely solve the problem?

EDIT: seems like it's not a midi filter but an audio to midi software
          Last edited by zieQ; 02-13-14, 04:42 AM.

Comment

The 'Problem' -or rather: 'inconvenience' - here is the interaction / combination of 'mesh' and 'Trigger I/O'.
            It has been documented a lot that the Trigger I/O does not perform its best with mesh heads! ...I even seem to remember that some developer or beta-tester chimed in to say that they could not get to test the performance of the Trigger I/O with mesh, due to time-issues or not having a mesh pad at hand.

I suspect that only a small part of this is to be the mesh head itself. The larger part of the problem could stem from the fact that Roland- and most DIY-designs (crossbars... cake-pans...) use a (center-mounted) trigger-cone, while Alesis uses a 'Reflection Plate' design for their own pads (...and their modules being designed/constructed/calibrated to work with them, first and foremost...). It could be that this has been addressed by a software-update from Alesis at one point, I don't know...

Have you tried asking this question over at the 'dmdrummer.com' (...unofficial Alesis) forums?

HTH

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

Originally posted by hairmetal-81 View Post
              Have you tried asking this question over at the 'dmdrummer.com' (...unofficial Alesis) forums?
              I just registered to their forum and I will ask the question there. Thanks for the suggestion.

My initial question still applies: any VST MIDI double-triggering filter to suggest? I have also found piz's midiDuplicateBlocker recently, but I don't know if it's appropriate for this task yet.

Comment

Well, I've never seen any such filter, probably because there's no need for one. What have you got retrigger set at?

Comment

Working...
                X