Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TG elements Studio G Core Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TG elements Studio G Core Kit

Ran across this upcoming drum sample library for Kontakt. Sounds pretty interesting.
    Roland TD-15K, Roland CM-220 CUBE Monitors, Pearl Throne Thumper, Superior Drummer 2.x, Joe Barresi Evil Drums SDX, The Metal Foundry SDX

The product is out apparently - would love to have any feedback regarding playability on edrums from the community!

Comment

Changes. You can find it here.......Sounds amazing..!!

Comment

It does sound good and finally a drum VST with a PLAYABLE HI HAT !! That is HUGE !! But it has a down fall because its run by Kontakt ........ Kontakt is a Huge CPU hog. I Use Studio Drummer and Kontakt causes a lot of issues for live play. I don't understand why they would use Kontakt to run it, They need to have stand alone for these drum VST's.

But I have to say that's the best playing Hi Hat I have ever seen for a live play drum VST.. This has been the weakness for all drum VST's, Heck I may look into getting in the future just for the Hi Hats alone !
        Roland TD-12 Ludwig A2E 5pc kit, VH-11
        Studio Drummer, Abbey Road 60's 70's 80's, AD2, SSD4, SD3
        Komplete Audio 6, JBL Eon 515XT, Mackie FX12, DAW Studio One 3

Comment

That hi-hat configuration looks really awesome.
          . digitalDrummer
          Review index

Comment

Using Kontakt is prob not the best of moves for sure - the lack of custom UI for drums is really a pain when you have to load 10 or more elements one after the other but it does make scripting easier for RR etc rather than coming up with a proprietary engine.

Am a big user of Studio Drummer too - The memory hog comes from the massive amount of processing within kontakt, the CPU does take a hit when each kit piece has a chain of EQ, Comp, transient and some reverb send..no problem anymore on a drums dedicated i7 though ;-)..in my old system which couldnt take the CPU hit, i used to output each channel in my DAW and process using less CPU hungry plugs, was more efficient than using the SD presets.

I am still waiting to hear feedback from users who tried the Core Kit - Mixosaurus has a fab sample pool but playabilty with edrums was unfortunately not really there - it was a lot of module tweaking on sensitivities/notes numbers before it could get playable.

Wait and see!

Comment

And slightly left field, http://www.sampleism.com/nicolas-sig...erground-drums.

Comment

• allanjohn
                allanjohn commented
                Editing a comment
                Wow, just gave the demo a listen and I'm very impressed.

For those interested..a demo is out with a few kit pieces
              http://vi-elements.com/

did give it a quick go and the sounds are certainly great - clean and punchy with plenty of velocity layers - definitely reminding of Mixosaurus.
              The Kontakt interface is manageable - not as user friendly to dial in sounds as a dedicated UI but does the job, especially when out' to a DAW for processing.

It seems to require a bit of work on module parameters on a TD9 and TD20 to get a good smooth response - but overall seems very playable. Will need to spend more time with this before reporting properly.

Check it out!

Comment

Testing it now, and it's not your usual plug and play VST.
                . digitalDrummer
                Review index

Comment

Allan by saying that is it in a good way or not so good ? Im looking for something new to get soon and with the way the Hi Hats seem to play, this one has my interest but I also want something easy to operate and set up and edit.
                  Last edited by yzf125; 05-06-14, 08:32 AM.

Comment

I agree with Allan on this one - it's definitely not plug and play but if you are a bit familiar with Kontakt instruments (Steven Slate 3.5, Mixosaurus), it is actually quite similar.

It also has a midi learn fonction on the GUI of each kit piece so pretty easy to map on Vdrums with custom maps - the hats are very detailed but with the CY5 FD8 combo i cannot access clearly all 9 levels of openness it seems..

The sounds are great but I found that it did require some tweaking of module parameters (sensitivity etc) to get a good dynamic range etc - can be a bit of a problem if you use multiple VSTs. Like you YZF, i am a keen user of NI SD and i try to keep my module settings optimised for this plug and alter only minor parameters with other plugs.

Waiting to hear from Allan too :-)

Cheers

Comment

Does anyone know how to get the demo up and running ? I have it loaded in Kontakt but dont see how to use it.

Comment

• allanjohn
                        allanjohn commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Here's the tip from the developer:
                        "Open 6 instrument Tracks in your DAW. Load Kontakt on each track. On track 1 load a kick. On track 2 load a snare. 3 load a toms all multi.  4. hi-hat  5 cymbals all multi  6. cowbell/other"

This is from the producer, Tommy, himself: "Much more cumbersome than an all one plugin, we felt the world had enough of those ..." His suggestion is load one instrument per track, and doing that gives you enormous editing power.
                      I have to admit I'm a plug-and-play, all-in-one kind of user and this VST takes more work that I'm used to. And timing-wise, I am also working on testing two mainstream VSTs for the next issue, EXdrummer2 and AD2, so I have not been able to give VI Elements the attention it deserves. I will, however, say the samples are very rich and detailed.
                      . digitalDrummer
                      Review index

Comment

How do you map the midi to play with Vdrums in the demo ? There isnt even a way to edit the instruments in the demo either... I think This just pushed me away and more towards EZdrummer 2. I dont know what these guys were thinking when they created this VST and with a price tag of 250 !!!! and all the setup you have to do, forget about it !!! This is one VST I WONT be buying !

Comment

to load the kit you need to load the Multi file in a blank Kontakt 5 session, the file is in the folder where you uncompressed the demo files its a nkm file i think...basically drag this and drop it into Kontakt and it will load a multi. It s very easy to remap badlyy map notes, On the top of each instrument there is a box with the selected articulation and a learn button, you basically click Learn and tap your pad or enter manually - the drop down box gives you access to more articulations. I think it can deliver great sounds and playability with some patience and a bit of under the hood knowledge of Kontakt. Definitely not as intuitive as an EZdrummer or AD but the samples are much more detailed and this is less targeted to songzriters i guess. The price tag is a no go for me at this point too.

Comment

Working...
                          X