Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steve Slate owners - please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Slate owners - please help

Hi all

I own SSD 3.5 and have used it succesfully in the past.
    I am just getting back into E drums and am considering a SSD4 purchase ( mainly for the player/ editor ) - however , I own ALL the kits from SSD3.5 so my questions are.....

a) Can I use all the kits that I currently own from SSD3.5 in SSD4 - EASILY, and by that I mean can the old samples just load up in the new lists and be 'grabbed/ dragged in' - OR are my old SSD3.5 pieces now useless if I switch to 4.0?

b) WIth SSD4 do I have to use a DAW and open SSD within that ( SSD3.5 came as a stand alone which I truly prefer )

Cheers
    Roland TD20W Expanded - SPD30 Octopad - Roland CM220 Monitor System - Steven Slate Drums VST - ALL VEX kits

Hi there.

There may be somebody around here who can help you out. Have you tried contacting Slate Support as yet, otherwise maybe post the same thing on gearslutz as they hang around on there quite frequently and might answer you there.

Comment

Originally posted by theimageofall View Post
      Hi there.

There may be somebody around here who can help you out. Have you tried contacting Slate Support as yet, otherwise maybe post the same thing on gearslutz as they hang around on there quite frequently and might answer you there.

Hi - yes I have written to SS support - but figure as it is holiday season they may be a while getting back to me - so I thought I would ask you guys ( experts ) while I waited - cheers
      Roland TD20W Expanded - SPD30 Octopad - Roland CM220 Monitor System - Steven Slate Drums VST - ALL VEX kits

Comment

*double post due to JSON error*
        Last edited by hairmetal-81; 12-30-13, 12:31 AM.

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

Welcome to the forum, dingobabyeater!

According to the KVR-forums, the 3.5 kits are included in SSD 4.0!

The new SSD-Player will need an AU-, VST-, or RTAS-supporting DAW.
          There isn't a standalone version - which is a bumme!

HTH

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

Comment

Thanks hairmetal for the welcome and the info as well.

I have had ZERO success in the past using DAW's ( Reaper/ Cubase ) so the fact that SSD4 has no stand alone is a major deal breaker for me personally.

I only use the kit at home to learn , practice on but I like to use VST samples when I can - I have found a mixed level of SSD3.5 with a slight blend of some of the TD20 original sounds works well in the monitor system I use hear at home and gives me the sounds I want to hear ( but would possibly sound bad in a mix ) - but to my ears its great, and I thought SSD4 may have added to it womeshat.

Comment

To run VST-plugins ...any VST-plugins!.... you do not really need a full-fledged DAW to do so! - A simplified 'plugin host' or 'VST chainer' will work just as well!

The first recommendation that's ever-present would be Hermann Seib's 'VST-Host'. Have a look at it, it's FREE.

Also, there are a slew of other DAWs and Hosts that you may want to consider. Made this post about two months ago:
              http://www.vdrums.com/forum/forum/pe...543#post968543

HTH

Comment

Working...
              X