Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TD-4kp, samples, click, soft, need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hairmetal-81
    replied
    Welcome to the forum, svinohryak!

Originally posted by svinohryak View Post
    - Is it possible use one of the tompads for running samples, I mean not just one sound but "pice of electro music" (I have to just start it up in at the appointed time and all band play along it). And is it possible to stop it just by hitting the same pad one more time.
    If you use an external software that allows to load in drumsamples or musical loops, then Yes!
    Starting and stopping should be possible to be dialed in inside the software via midi commands.

- How can I send click only to my headphone (without sending it to PA)
    Judging from a brief look at the manual, the line-outputs and the phones-out can't be routed individually, so everything that will be on phones-out will also be heard on the line-outputs, including the click. But I could be wrong on this, and am hoping for another member to confirm/deny this statement.

- Can click and samples be synchronised?
    This should be possible via midi, if the TD-4 module is set to be 'master', and the software that plays the loops in time is the 'slave'.

What soft do I need?
    You already have Superior, so you should have your drumsounds covered. Check out the 'MIDI-Grooves' inside Superior, and see if you find something there that suits your taste for 'Electro loops'.

If this isn't enough look into something like the free software-samplers 'Maiken Grizzly' or 'Vemberaudio Shortcircuit VST'.
    Also give the older 'Cakewalk Beatscape' and 'Native Unstruments Intakt' a try for loop-based stuff!

Congratulations on your new TD-4kp kit!
    Happy Drumming!

Leave a comment:

• svinohryak
    started a topic TD-4kp, samples, click, soft, need help

TD-4kp, samples, click, soft, need help

Hi everyone

I've just bought Roland td-4kp and I'm going to use it with Superior Drummer. Actually I'm newbie to e-stuff so there are a few things I need help with.

- Is it possible use one of the tompads for running samples, I mean not just one sound but "pice of electro music" (I have to just start it up in at the appointed time and all band play along it). And is it possible to stop it just by hitting the same pad one more time.

- How can I send click only to my headphone (without sending it to PA)

- Can click and samples be synchronised?

What soft do I need?

Thank you in advance.

Working...
X