Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drumic'a/Kontact 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drumic'a/Kontact 5

Hello all, hope all OK. I downloaded drumic'a/Kontact5 from sennheiser today after hearing good things about it. All installed and runs fine. Thing is I got this with the intention of triggering the drum sounds using my TD9 module and pads. I am completely new to this and can't figure it out at all. I have midi connected etc but have no idea how to configure outputs etc. Any help, tips or advice greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Welcome to the forum, td9freak!

In order to make DrumMic'a receive MIDI notes you’ll first have to tell it which hardware it should use. This is done via the Options dialog.

Next to the 'Kontakt' logo, on the top centre of the screen, click on the 'cogwheel' symbol.
    On the left-hand side click on 'Midi', the TD-9 should show up there as your interface, and you should be able to select it.

If you are using DrumMic'a in standalone-mode, there is a tab named 'Options'in the upper right corner. If you click it, it'll light red. In the options-menu, the Midi-mapping for different applications can be selected. Try settings 'V Drums TD-3/6' or V Drums TD-12'.

HTH
    Greetings from Switzerland,
    - Dänoh

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

Hi. Thanks for the quick response. I was a member here couple years ago before the attack. Am I to presume that standalone is for when not connecting to the drum kit . Also when I have selected td9 should my pads beautomatically assigned etc ? As much info as poss would be great.

Comment

Also I can't see how I would assign individual kit parts to the various pads.

Comment

Running a VST-instrument - e.g. a drum-library - in 'Standalone', means the programm runs on it's own, with audio and midi all handled by the programm. You simply start your computer and double-click the icon, in this case, DrumMic'a.

The pads *should* be 'mapped' (kit-parts assigned to different pads) automatically, but you can change the assignements/mappings in the options-tab.

The other, more common way to run VST-instruments, is inside a multitrack-software (called a 'DAW', short for 'Digital Audio Workstation'). In that case, Midi- and Audio-settings are handled from the DAW itself.

If haven't already, please make sure you read through the 'VST Primer' sticky, there's lots of useful information to be found there!

HTH
          - Dänoh

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

Comment

Cool so following Hairmetal-81's advice I have it now so that each pad triggers sounds. I am totally baffled as to how I assign individual voices to desperate pads. When I hit most of my pads I get a different voice each time. The only pad triggering the one voice is the snare. Please help. Also what adjustments do I make to reduce latency ? How and where. Thanks for all your help.

Comment

Could you have a quick look if your module corresponds with the following note-numbers?

MIDI Note Trigger

36 (C2) TRIG 1 (KICK1)
              38 (D2) TRIG 2 (SNARE)
              40 (E2) TRIG 2 (SNARE) RIM

42 (F#2) TRIG 3 (HI-HAT) CLOSED
              46 (A#2) TRIG 3 (HI-HAT) OPEN
              44 (G#2) TRIG 3 (HI-HAT) PEDAL

48 (C3) TRIG 4 (TOM1)
              45 (A2) TRIG 5 (TOM2)
              41 (F2) TRIG 7 (TOM3)

49 (C#3) TRIG 9 (CRASH1)
              55 (G3) TRIG 9 (CRASH1) RIM
              57 (A3) TRIG 10 (CRASH2)
              52 (E3) TRIG 10 (CRASH2) RIM
              51 (D#3) TRIG 11 (RIDE)
              53 (F3) TRIG 11 (RIDE) RIM

(I'm going by the appendices on p.71 in the TD-9 manual. It lists the MIDI note numbers for each trigger input. This seems to be somewhat compliant with the 'General MIDI Standard', (GM) for short).

HTH
              - Dänoh

Comment

How do i check these settings ? Do i have to check them within the TD9 Module ? If so how ?
                Also i notice that within Kontact5 options there are only choices for TD3/TD6 & TD12/TD20, however all my pads do trigger sounds just too many and the wrong ones.

Comment

Originally posted by td9freak View Post
                  How do i check these settings ? Do i have to check them within the TD9 Module ? If so how ?
                  Also i notice that within Kontact5 options there are only choices for TD3/TD6 & TD12/TD20, however all my pads do trigger sounds just too many and the wrong ones.
                  hairmetal-81 is trying to help you,
                  but I think you also have to help him a little.

Would it be so blunt to ask you to read your module's manual? Most of your questions, you can find answers in there.

If there's still something that doesn't work, once you understand how your module and Kontakt work, I'm sure we will be able to come up with solutions.
                  DTX700, eDRUMin 4+10, A2E Dixon kit, Yamaha cymbals, FSR HH
                  Kit Pix http://vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=613

My new venture, HiEnd Speakers. : voglosounds.com

Comment

I have read the manual and figured out how to adjust the midi notes. Still doesn't work.

Comment

Sorry, I just re-read my own words. Realized I may have lead you to a wrong options-choice:

In DrumMic'a options-menu, select 'GM Mode'.
                      I'm thinking *this* will work, because that's the mapping the TD-9 is laid out to - fairly compliant to 'General MIDI' standards!
                      - Dänoh

Comment

Working...
                      X