Cymbal Choke - TD-9KXS and BFD2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cymbal Choke - TD-9KXS and BFD2.0

Hi edrummers. I've looked, I've read, but the obvious isn't so obvious, at least not to me.

I want to programme the cymbal choke effect in BFD2. I have it working part way, but it's nothing like the original TD-9 effect. I want THAT!!!

I pressed the cymbal and didn't see any midi or other info in BFD2. Don't know how to remap if I can't see a road...

Can anyone give me a baby steps walk through of the process? I have the dual zoned CR-1 cymbal with the choke underneath the front edge. Will this work, or do I have to lower my expectations?

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by bOing View Post
    I have the dual zoned CR-1 cymbal with the choke underneath the front edge. Will this work, or do I have to lower my expectations?
    What brand is that? CR-1?

Choke is transmitted as key/polyphonic aftertouch:

Originally posted by hagakure View Post
    Regarding cymbal chokes, make sure the 'choke with aftertouch' option is enabled, in the Hit Options panel, Page1 tab.
    Bruce

Comment

Thank you. yeah, I saw the aftertouch thing in the midi log. Had no idea how to get that set up though. Now I do. Gonna try it.

The CR-1 is the cymbal in the Roland TD-9KSX kit. Or at least that's the name I see in the manual.

Comment

Originally posted by bOing View Post
        The CR-1 is the cymbal in the Roland TD-9KSX kit. Or at least that's the name I see in the manual.
        It's either a CY-8 or a CY-12R/C. In the TD-9KX or TD-9SX. (Pedantic? MOI?)

Makes no difference for this though as long as it's a Roland V-Cymbal. If it chokes on the TD-9 then the module should also be transmitting choke info via MIDI.

There's more info here about exactly what gets transmitted via MIDI for chokes etc.; MIDI cc data guide

Bruce

Comment

Okay, I found the cymbal name from the manual not realizing that I was just reading the labels for the cabling ie. "CR1". Checking again, I realize that it's the CY-8. My excuse? I'm a guitar player...

As for the aftertouch choke thing - that works like a charm. Thanks again, BarT. Now I know where to go for my next V-Drum obstacle, whatever that might turn out to be.

Comment

Working...
          X