Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about VST and Roland TDW 20

Hi,

I have the Roland tdw 20 (with upgrae card) and would like to upgrade to your product for more realistic sounds. Can you tell me what I would need? I have a laptop with the following: Widows XP tablet PC edition 2005

Pentium M processor 1.70 GHz

496 MB of RAM

Is this adequate? What else would I need? Thanks,

Bob

Our product? which product do you mean? Superior, BFD, Addictive Drums, EZdrummer, something else?
    TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
    ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
    not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

Is that your free RAM with all your other software running? Or is that just all you have installed to begin with?

If it's to begin with, chances are you won't be able to run anything without dramatic audio dropouts and crashing.

If it's after all your OS and software is running, you MIGHT be able to run certain VST's on the lowest mode/smallest kits and such, but if I were you I'd just go out and upgrade your computer.
      Check out my NEW eBay Store: V-Drum Emporium!

Comment

Any suggestion what to upgrade on my computer and to what extent? I am sorry that I don't have any idea. After that, what would be the next step??

Thanks

Comment

Most software I am seeing now recommends at least a 2 Ghz processor, but a dual core would be better, and a bare minimum of 1GB memory, though 2 is more likely to be useful and 4 is even better...sampling libraries are getting bigger and bigger, and harddrives cheaper and cheaper, so a 1TB hard disk is not out of the question, though 500Gb will do you for a while...(these can be external to your laptop)

you probably still want to get XP rather than Vista, as I am still hearing lots of negative about V, and its replacement isnt so far away...

also, check out this thread about S2: http://www.vdrums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42164
          TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
          ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
          not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

Hey Saku, Thanks Bro. I am sure I will need your advice again, so I hope you don't mind me asking. Bob

Comment

Working...
            X