Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superior 2.0 problems with TD-9 and VH11

Hi,

Let me start off by saying I had this all working with a CY5/FD8 after following Joe K's instructions.

I just replaced that combination with a VH-11 setup. I followed the instructions in the VH-11 manual and TD-9 manual on how to set up the VH-11. Powered up with the foot pedal up, etc. When using the setup with just the TD-9 is seems pretty good.

I'm having some issues getting it working in S2.0 now. I am able to get the 2 open sounds assigned to hatsTrig and hatsTipTrig, when the hats aren't closed, but I get a pretty loose sound for the closed hats.

I've messed with the the setting screw on the hihats, and have had no luck.

What is interesting though is that when I am sending the closed hatsTrig and hatsTipTrig I am seeing different notes in S2 then what is in Joe's doc. I verified in the tD-9 that the correct notes would be sent for those events, so it appears that for whatever reason I am not sending them.

I've also messed with the "HH Compatibility" and "HH note# border" (page 53) in the TD-9 and haven't come up with anything else.

I will verify tomorrow using Cubase that I am not sending the correct numbers, but since it seems that is the case, anyone have any ideas?

It almost seems like it's a mechanical issue with the hihat stand/hihats. I had to assemble the clutch onto the hihat, but it's pretty straight forward, and as mentioned it seems to work ok with the TD9 itself.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks

Adam
Working...
X