Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome! Ok...so why would I want a seperate 'host' program? Only if I want to record or have separate tracks? Any chance you could explain the separate tracks part? What could I do with that? Is it something I will miss if all Im after is playing along with new sounds?
    Sleep is the cousin of Death.

Comment

Originally posted by allanjohn View Post
      I suggested elsewhere that you read digitalDrummer. All of your questions have been answered in our Q&As.
      Originally posted by goatbut29 View Post
      Awesome! Ok...so why would I want a seperate 'host' program? Only if I want to record or have separate tracks? Any chance you could explain the separate tracks part? What could I do with that? Is it something I will miss if all Im after is playing along with new sounds?
      I have to agree with allanjohn here....you really need to do some more reading on all these things before you pull the trigger on anything. patience and homework will keep you from having buyers remorse....

http://www.digitaldrummermag.com/

I have told you all I can as my experience with DAWs are limited and my experience with VSTs were less than appealing. That's why I use modules.
      8 piece DIY Acrylic, 2x2Box DrumIt5, Gen16 4xDCP, DIY Acrylic&Gen16 Conversions, Sleishman Twin-QuadSteele hybrid, Gibraltar&DrumFrame rack, DW9502LB, Midi Knights Pro Lighting
      http://www.airbrushartists.org/DreamscapeAirbrushRealm

Comment

Thank you Daniel. Blazing through them now! Great magazine! I cant believe the world of vdrumming that existed before I showed up! Who knew?!
        Sleep is the cousin of Death.

Comment

Thanks for the write up this make more sense to me now. Could someone please tell me what is my best option to start with now. I have a good PC I am going to set up next to my set. PC has no MIDI input. What parts do I need for this? and what software do you guys suggest to get me started?

Comment

Hi,

Ive recenttly bought a td 12 and i want to use it with SD2.0 . Is this cable enough https://www.thomann.de/es/roland_um_one_mkii.htm or i need to buy a midi interface?

Regards.

Comment

It will work to get midi from you module into your PC. the problem is your computers internal sound card. You probably won't get latency down to a low enough level to be happy. Have you read the begging of this thread explaining? You may be getting an audio interface that also has midi ports
              Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

Updating this thread, is there any latency benefit using midi over USB? My RME audio interface has Midi in which I use. What do people think is the best VST kit to use with VDrums now that its almost 2019? I'm on a TD30KV.
                Last edited by nycvape; 12-02-18, 06:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nycvape View Post
                  Updating this thread, is there any latency benefit using midi over USB? My RME audio interface has Midi in which I use. What do people think is the best VST kit to use with VDrums now that its almost 2019? I'm on a TD30KV.
                  I'm not sure there is any real difference. I use a TD30 and send midi over USB and audio from my audio interface. I haven't had a problem with midi latency using the TD30 USB
                  Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

Working...
                  X