Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• arunara
    replied
    Man! you're just making dtx3 sound more and more lovable. Well since the 2box is coming out soon and I will have to save up the money first, so I will wait and see which module has the better sound quality and abilities! Again Jovato, thanks for the reply!

Leave a comment:

• Jovato
    replied
    Originally posted by arunara View Post
    But by you mean lot of time to set up, you mean just setting the kits up in DTX3 module or loading the kits everytime on the module? Because I would spend two or three days on it if it is possible, but if it takes long time just to load the kits everytime, then forget the idea! Anyway Thank you for the reply and the info!!!!
    The kits don't take a long time to load. It just takes a long time to set up the parameters for layering and cross fading each sample. The cymbals sound pretty good out of the box, so the obvious place to start is with the snare and toms. I tried six layers on the snare, 4 on the toms and stock sounds for everything else. It sounded great, but I spent a weekend doing it. There were a couple of dropout glitches at the time, but I think their new firmware has addressed this. You'd have to check. This is much more practical, if you like the bulk of the module sounds, but you really want just one or two extra kits that you record with. For live performance, it is really unnecessary, as the module sounds plenty good enough through a good PA.

Leave a comment:

• arunara
    replied
    Originally posted by joelgarabedian View Post
    Sorry to bring bad news!

Joel.
    Thanks for the info, ah the DTXperience.com, I never got anything from that website. As ghetto the website looks, almost everything on that website was useless... Anyway thank you!

Originally posted by PumaPhreak View Post
    Thanks for the info. If I'm not mistaken, the new kit from 2Boxx will allow you to do this. If so, that will be sooooo cool. BTW, I'm enjoying the DTX2, Arunara.
    I'm just happy that you're enjoying the DTX2 =) Although I have no idea what 2Boxx is, I will look into that and we'll see what we can do with that if 2Boxx thing will allow me to load samples to DTX2

Originally posted by Jovato View Post
    You can add 512MB of RAM to the new DTXtreme III module. Yes, you can do this and layer about 6 samples per pad. It sounds great (Yes I have heard this first hand), but it takes a LOT of time to set up.
    Ah! Yes! Finally the answer I was looking for!!! But by you mean lot of time to set up, you mean just setting the kits up in DTX3 module or loading the kits everytime on the module? Because I would spend two or three days on it if it is possible, but if it takes long time just to load the kits everytime, then forget the idea! Anyway Thank you for the reply and the info!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Jovato
    replied
    Originally posted by arunara View Post
    Hi~ ever since I sold my DTXTREME2s and built my own e kit, always wanted to get a DTXTREME module, so I was looking around and came up with a question if it possible to put the sample sounds from VST drum module such EZdrummer to DTXTREME 2 or 3 module. That was guys who prefer digital recorder rather than computer recording could have that best VST sound as well. Well if it is possible, I might sell my Kurzweil K2600XS and get a DTXTREME 2 or 3 or start saving up for a roland module!
    You can add 512MB of RAM to the new DTXtreme III module. Yes, you can do this and layer about 6 samples per pad. It sounds great (Yes I have heard this first hand), but it takes a LOT of time to set up.

Leave a comment:

• PumaPhreak
    replied
    Thanks for the info. If I'm not mistaken, the new kit from 2Boxx will allow you to do this. If so, that will be sooooo cool. BTW, I'm enjoying the DTX2, Arunara.

Leave a comment:

• joelgarabedian
    replied
    It's a great idea, but I'm pretty sure it's not possible. I had a DTXtremeIIs for a number of years before upgrading to the TD-20. The DTXtremeII (I don't know about the III) had just 8MB of sample RAM. Modern VSTs have libraries running into gigabytes - you need a couple of gigs of RAM for them to work well, and they often stream data from disk too.

My DTXtremeII came with an example kit composed of samples on the CD which you could load onto a memory card and then open on the module. The 8MB of data took about 5 minutes to load, and the results weren't exactly inspiring. What really annoyed me was the DTXperience.com website - when I bought my DTX at the start of 2005, there was a link to get extra sound libraries, which said "coming soon". When they discontinued the DTXtremeII in 2008 they'd not delivered a single set of samples - one of many factors in my switch to Roland.

Even if you could somehow squeeze all your samples into the 8MB, I don't remember the DTXtremeII (again I don't know about the III) offering enough control to assign large numbers of articulations and variations to a single pad.

Sorry to bring bad news!

Joel.

Leave a comment:

• arunara
    started a topic Random Idea with DTXTREME 2 or 3

Random Idea with DTXTREME 2 or 3

Hi~ ever since I sold my DTXTREME2s and built my own e kit, always wanted to get a DTXTREME module, so I was looking around and came up with a question if it possible to put the sample sounds from VST drum module such EZdrummer to DTXTREME 2 or 3 module. That was guys who prefer digital recorder rather than computer recording could have that best VST sound as well. Well if it is possible, I might sell my Kurzweil K2600XS and get a DTXTREME 2 or 3 or start saving up for a roland module!
Working...
X