Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound problem through Superior 2.0

Right, here goes again guys!

I'll spec up my gear first (I've only had everything about a week).

TD-20 (module and pads)
    Superior Drummer 2.0 (Toontrack Solo & Ezplayer Pro)
    M-Audio Audiophile 2496 Sound card

Connections

Midi OUT/Thru from Module to sound card midi IN
    Master OUT (stereo) on Module (6.3mm jacks) to RCA Audio IN on soundcard
    RCA Audio out on sound card into Aux RCA in Stereo System

Everything works brilliantly (up to now) but the only problem I have guys is when I play the TD-20 as a trigger through Superior Drummer the sound only comes out of the right speaker of my stereo system even though Toontrack Solo shows stereo sound coming into it.

Everything works and sounds great except for this issue. I have no idea if it's a hardware set up problem, or if I haven't checked something in the software of either the sound card or Superior Drummer. Either way it's driving me crazy.

Any advice guys?
    Check us out! www.myspace.com/therenocorradopimps

Hi there,
    Not sure if this will make a difference but you shouldn't have to use your master out from the td20 module - should be a case of just midi out from module into your sound card and then audio out to your stereo system? Try disconnecting that - as I say, may not work but worth a try.

Comment

Originally posted by veloson69 View Post
      Hi there,
      Not sure if this will make a difference but you shouldn't have to use your master out from the td20 module - should be a case of just midi out from module into your sound card and then audio out to your stereo system? Try disconnecting that - as I say, may not work but worth a try.
      Hi there Veloson69, thanks for the reply - the reason I do that is if I want to record any stuff from the module straight into Audacity, it's the easiest way for me to record and convert quickly to a .wav file. Another thing, I have no idea how to record the midi signal into Superior Drummer! Stoopid I know!

Any guesses on either problem?

Comment

Is "RCA Audio out on sound card into Aux RCA in Stereo System" a single cable?

Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by andygee70 View Post
          Hi there Veloson69, thanks for the reply - the reason I do that is if I want to record any stuff from the module straight into Audacity, it's the easiest way for me to record and convert quickly to a .wav file. Another thing, I have no idea how to record the midi signal into Superior Drummer! Stoopid I know!

Any guesses on either problem?
          So you're just using the output to record the sound of the module in Audacity?
          You can't actually record a midi data into superior itself - you need a host sequencer program to do that such as Reaper or Sonar and use Superior as a VST plugin. As far as I'm aware Audacity is just an audio editor and has no midi capabilities.

Comment

Originally posted by BarT View Post
            Is "RCA Audio out on sound card into Aux RCA in Stereo System" a single cable?

Bruce
            Hi Bruce,

No it's supposed to be stereo - left and right channels (red & white)

Comment

So you're just using the output to record the sound of the module in Audacity?
              You can't actually record a midi data into superior itself - you need a host sequencer program to do that such as Reaper or Sonar and use Superior as a VST plugin. As far as I'm aware Audacity is just an audio editor and has no midi capabilities.
              You're right, that's why it's recorded from the master out on the module into the sound card's Audio in, then obviously through Audacity. So Superior is only a VST plug in, so if Superior can't record what you play is Ezplayer Pro able to? I know you can record groove samples in Ezplayer, but I'm amazed if you can't record what you'd play on the kit.

Comment

Originally posted by andygee70 View Post
                So Superior is only a VST plug in, so if Superior can't record what you play is Ezplayer Pro able to? I know you can record groove samples in Ezplayer, but I'm amazed if you can't record what you'd play on the kit.
                I'm afraid not - I was hoping it could do the same thing when I bought it. Once set-up with a host program (I'm using Sonar) it works great though and you soon get to grips with it.

Comment

I'm afraid not - I was hoping it could do the same thing when I bought it. Once set-up with a host program (I'm using Sonar) it works great though and you soon get to grips with it.
                  AHHHHHHHHHHHH, I see

Well, the band I'm in are thinking of recording our next songs ourselves, so we're all going to chip in and get cubase and I assume this works as the host program.

I have a copy of Ableton Live Lite 6 that came with the soundcard (I think it only has 4 channels on this version). Anyhow, can I use this as a host for now? If so how do I get this to work with Superior Drummer? I know people say that you 'plug in' superior drummer into it, but how do I do that? And finally is it the 'mixed' signal that was produced in Superior Drummer which is sent to the host or do you have to go through the hassle of mixing again?

I'm so effing confused!

PS

Sound sorted - was a setting in the sound card software! sheesh!

Comment

Working...
                  X