Latency: Presonus firewire and addictive drums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latency: Presonus firewire and addictive drums

Ok guys. I'm defenitely getting lost here.

This latency issue is getting on my nerves. I'm getting latency on using addictive drums with sonar producer.

Here's the equipment i'm using right now with my Roland TD9:
    AMD Athlon DualCore 4200 desktop
    2Gb ram
    1Tb External USB Hard drive

Presonus firebox

Onboard sound card (also tryed Creative X-fi Extrem audio, same results))

I've searched this forum and i'm getting confused. I thinking this latency issue is due to my sound card. I also read that M-audio 2496 PCI sound card is a very good piece of equipment for the money. However i'm getting plenty of doubts if this sound card will solve my problems.

I think it will but i need your feedback. What do you guys think?

Hi,

Your post is rather confusing, The Firebox is a soundcard. Why are you using the onboard soundcard when you've got this?

Steve
    No more V-drums; all acoustics now.

Comment

Originally posted by Relayer View Post
      Hi,

Your post is rather confusing, The Firebox is a soundcard. Why are you using the onboard soundcard when you've got this?

Steve
      I'm a bit confused myself Relayer.

My set up right now is Td9 conected to firebox and firebox to PC trought firewire PCI card. I'm thinking it might be due to sound card because thats what i'm reading in this forum. If not i have no clue of what might be causing this because i think i have a decent PC, good firewire equipment so why this latency?

Even when i trigger sounds from Addictive Drums just by clicking on the drums it has latency...

Comment

OK, let's do this. First, hook your speakers up to the audio outs on the Firebox. In SONAR go to OPTIONS > AUDIO > GENERAL. You can choose your PLAYBACK and RECORDING MASTER here. Choose the Presonus for both.

Let me know what happens, and we'll go from there.

Steve
        No more V-drums; all acoustics now.

Comment

Originally posted by Relayer View Post
          OK, let's do this. First, hook your speakers up to the audio outs on the Firebox. In SONAR go to OPTIONS > AUDIO > GENERAL. You can choose your PLAYBACK and RECORDING MASTER here. Choose the Presonus for both.

Let me know what happens, and we'll go from there.

Steve
          Relayer you're my savior

Its amazing how just a little clicks on some parameters and everything changes from night into day.

Everything works perfectly right now. My firebox is stellar. Fast fast fast.

One other thing i found out. Sonar and presonus firebox really don't like asio4all drivers. I've uninstalled them and used only firebox's drivers and ... perfection.

Now all i need is to figure out how drum mapping works...

Thanks Relayer

Comment

Working...
          X