Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BFD2 + Platinum Samples Evil Drums Video (at 250 Velocities!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BFD2 + Platinum Samples Evil Drums Video (at 250 Velocities!)

Just wanted to show you guys some of the results I'm getting with Joe Barresi's Evil Drums at 250 velocities:

http://digitalmusicians.net/?p=205

Towards the end of the video I honestly got lost in the song and forgot I was playing V-Drums. No mastering so turn the volume up and let me know what you think.

Great Job

HOLY ****, YOUR RECORDING IS AMAZING...wtf... are you signed or anything? This is probably the best stuff I heard in a long time! **** I love the hard part. Man it sounds so damn professional.....

can I also ask, what audio interface are you plugging your Vdrums in? Is it like M-Audio FireWire 410 or something like that?

GREAT JOB

Comment

thebeat thanks so much. I'm using an RME Fireface 800 and they are awesome when it comes to latency, I wrote an article on that here: http://digitalmusicians.net/?p=38

This was somewhat of an starting point but I'm going to push the envelope on my next songs. If I come up with good content I'd like to get signed/sponsored by a company like Platinum Samples or Steven Slate Drums.
      Last edited by dreamsound; 01-09-09, 04:45 AM.

Comment

Thanks for sharing. Sounding awesome. Nice song man.. you guys sound tight !

Fxpansion did a gret job with BFD2 no doubt.
        Are you using the Copeland snare? Did you process the drums within BFD2 or externally?

Pim
        Roland TD50, Roland PM30 and KC 550 Studio Capture /Dell XPS I7 32GB RAM Reaper,Superior Drummer,BFD3 (all exp. packs),SSD5 Ezdrummer 2, XLN Addictive Drums

Comment

you guys? isnt it all done buy one guy?

Comment

Originally posted by BowerR64 View Post
            you guys? isnt it all done buy one guy?
            I do not know .. was it?
            Roland TD50, Roland PM30 and KC 550 Studio Capture /Dell XPS I7 32GB RAM Reaper,Superior Drummer,BFD3 (all exp. packs),SSD5 Ezdrummer 2, XLN Addictive Drums

Comment

Pimenta, good questions, I will add this to my website. I processed the sounds using external plugins (Waves Rennaissance Collection) except some parallel compression within BFD2's mixer.

This is one guy . To be honest with you, I've been in several bands (some decent ones too) but I always had problems with the other guys not being as committed as I was, so I ended up learning every instrument and doing things myself. One of my goals doing this is to inspire other musicians to do the same, like someone did for me years ago. Its actually not bad at all if you divide it up, I usually play guitar and sing and then practice drums. If you can play guitar, you can play bass. I learned Piano in college but I rarely practice.

I think the hardest part is learning recording and mixing. That's why I just started the Digitalmusicians.net website so people can learn the basic knowledge to do what I'm doing.

Comment

Excellent sound! (and great demo of BFD2 with VDrums). Nice website too.

Originally posted by dreamsound View Post
                This is one guy . To be honest with you, I've been in several bands (some decent ones too) but I always had problems with the other guys not being as committed as I was, so I ended up learning every instrument and doing things myself. One of my goals doing this is to inspire other musicians to do the same, like someone did for me years ago. Its actually not bad at all if you divide it up, I usually play guitar and sing and then practice drums. If you can play guitar, you can play bass. I learned Piano in college but I rarely practice.
                That is similar to how I got started doing my own recordings and practicing each instrument. Though now, more than 10 years later, I've actually found a couple dedicated bands to play in.

| Argos | Your Cloud | Lost In Germany | Life Wasted | Identity Crisis
                | The Xerophyte | Red Barchetta | Subdivisions or Drums Only |

Superior Drummer w/ Metal Foundry, dfhS samples and Platinum Samples Evil Drums.

Comment

Working...
                X