X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mezmerized_Soul
    replied
    Originally posted by shredsofthought View Post
    What I did for choking with an Alesis Trigger iO and Yamaha cymbals was to right click on the cymbal of your choice, towards the bottom right select the "Mute" articulation, check "Edit articulation only", reduce volume slider to zero. Maybe that will help both of you.
    The host software you are using may have an option to release ASIO drivers in the background. This should allow you to use the driver with another program. I messed around with this same problem for awhile as I practice to songs often and some host programs are pain to load song files into. I finally ended with this and am fairly satisfied:
    http://www.reaper.fm/
    Latency seems to be easier to wrangle and song files are cake to manage, perhaps it will run well on your lap computer.
    This didn't work at all...;___;
    ...on the DTXpress IV Special that is~

Leave a comment:

• Mezmerized_Soul
    replied
    Originally posted by tripp2k View Post
    On the MP3 play-along, are either of you guys using an audio interface? I don't have any problem doing this going out from my Mac mini into a Line 6 UX-2 and then into dual keyboard amps. I fire up Toontrack Solo and iTunes, get the levels set properly and then pound away for a few hours.
    No. I'm not using an audio interface~
    Just a MIDI interface which is an "Edirol UM-1G"...
    Hmm..I see, i see...soo like....
    In order for us to play alongside with MP3 while vstplugins are
    open, we need an audio interface?
    But...it's hella expensive...D;
    I saw one from the music store in this country and it costs around $460-500...(.___.)...It's an EDIROL btw...the one that supports firewire?..lol
    Please help~

Leave a comment:

• tripp2k
    replied
    On the MP3 play-along, are either of you guys using an audio interface? I don't have any problem doing this going out from my Mac mini into a Line 6 UX-2 and then into dual keyboard amps. I fire up Toontrack Solo and iTunes, get the levels set properly and then pound away for a few hours.

Leave a comment:

• Mezmerized_Soul
    replied
    Originally posted by lidrummer View Post
    2. The other thing is that I would like to use either iTunes or Windows Media Player to play along to songs but they both complain the the sound device is already in use when I have Toontracks open. I think that I can use a sequencer software and set up separate tracks for the Midi input (drums) and the mp3 file but I thought there would be too much overhead for my little laptop to deal with. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    I'm experiencing the same thing with you in here...
    I kind of thought of letting the sound go out on an amplifier
    and get a separate MP3 player to go through with this?
    Then again, Will this method work once you record your drums on a host program...=))?

Please kindly share to me too if REAPER worked like miracle for you...
    or if ever u DO know another way to play an MP3 file while a VSTplugin is open...
    Last edited by Mezmerized_Soul; 01-30-10, 05:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ioTrap
    replied
    Originally posted by lidrummer View Post
    Right clicking on cymbal in EZDrummer just reveals the cymbal selection menu. Nothing for "Mute" articulation, etc.

Dan
    I should have been clearer. How do you do it on a Mac. There is no 'right-click'.

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• lidrummer
    replied
    right click on the cymbal of your choice, towards the bottom right select the "Mute" articulation, check "Edit articulation only", reduce volume slider to zero.
    Right clicking on cymbal in EZDrummer just reveals the cymbal selection menu. Nothing for "Mute" articulation, etc.

Dan

Leave a comment:

• shredsofthought
    replied
    What I did for choking with an Alesis Trigger iO and Yamaha cymbals was to right click on the cymbal of your choice, towards the bottom right select the "Mute" articulation, check "Edit articulation only", reduce volume slider to zero. Maybe that will help both of you.
    The host software you are using may have an option to release ASIO drivers in the background. This should allow you to use the driver with another program. I messed around with this same problem for awhile as I practice to songs often and some host programs are pain to load song files into. I finally ended with this and am fairly satisfied:
    http://www.reaper.fm/
    Latency seems to be easier to wrangle and song files are cake to manage, perhaps it will run well on your lap computer.

Leave a comment:

• ioTrap
    replied
    Does anyone have the correct steps to choke cymbals with EZDrummer and a TriggerIO? It doesn't seem to work the same way as Superior 2 (right click and adjust)

iOTrap

Leave a comment:

• lidrummer
    started a topic EZDrummer+Toontrack Solo+Cymbal Chokes

EZDrummer+Toontrack Solo+Cymbal Chokes

Hi All,

Finally got my Midi-to-USB interface, installed it and have successfully triggered EZDrummer on my laptop from my TD-3. Surprisingly, latency wasn't too bad either. I have a Dell Inspiron 700m with 512 MB Ram and the usually crappy on-board sound card. I am using the ASIO4ALL driver. To make things simple I started by just trying to trigger through Toontrack Solo figuring that this would have the lowest amount of overhead.

Anyways, I have 2 problems that I would like to resolve:

1. The one major problem that I am having is getting my cymbal to choke. I have a DIY 2-zone (piezo/switch) cymbal which triggers perfectly with the TD-3 (bow, edge and choke). It triggers bow and edge within Toontrack but not choke and I can't seem to find any adjustment within the software to fiddle with. Anyone have any ideas?

2. The other thing is that I would like to use either iTunes or Windows Media Player to play along to songs but they both complain the the sound device is already in use when I have Toontracks open. I think that I can use a sequencer software and set up separate tracks for the Midi input (drums) and the mp3 file but I thought there would be too much overhead for my little laptop to deal with. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Dan
Working...
X