Hi-hat settings in S2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi-hat settings in S2

Perhaps like some others I'm having fun trying to get a good hi-hat sound in S2. I am currently using a 2001 vintage TD6, but will soon (I hope) be enjoying all the benefits of a TD12KV.

Is there a way to sort this out? Please assume I'm using a VH-11. Many thanks in advance.

Check out this post, it should help considerably. And don't let the TD-10 bit fool you, these instructions will work for any combination... I used it with great success with my TD-3/CY-5/FD-8 setup.

FWIW, if you plan to continue triggering S2.0, then I'm not certain what 'all the benefits of a TD12KV' will bring to the party...
    Jack

Sabre's Album

Comment

Thanks v much indeed Sabre, and thanks too to Adam for what I suspect has been his hard work!

As to the TD12 vs S2, I see your point. Aesthetically however, I might afford myself a thrill or two.

Muchos Gracias,
      Paul.

Comment

I can't take the credit for that one. I had posted that copied from Joe_K's posting that he did all the work on that. I have a TD-20 and VH-12 and it works awesome now with that. The only thing that you can't get is the 'tight' sound like you can with TD-20, but I rarely use that anyways, especially on recordings as which is the only thing I use Superior for.
        Check out my NEW eBay Store: V-Drum Emporium!

Comment

Originally posted by AdamCooney View Post
          I can't take the credit for that one. I had posted that copied from Joe_K's posting that he did all the work on that.
          I was reading the link above the other day and was thinking as I was reading
          'this guy ripped off Joe K's work!'

Thank you for posting that disclaimer, Adam

Joe has helped a lot of S2/VH-11/12 users.

Now if we could only get the damn HH working as good as it does with just the module!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Perkussion View Post
            I was reading the link above the other day and was thinking as I was reading
            'this guy ripped off Joe K's work!'
            Thats my fault. I posted a link to the individual post, rather than to the thread where Adam very specifically credits Joe_K for the mini-tutorial. In any case, the information is pure gold.
            Jack

Sabre's Album

Comment

Hello all. I tried to put the hi-hat settings (supplied originally by Joe K) into S2 with my old TD6 (2001-ish) hi-hat today, but without success.

We think it's because the pad (just a straightforward PD6 like the rest of the kit) has no 'edge' or 'bow' areas to trigger the various articulations. The TD12 with VH11 is on its way and so we'll have another go with that, but does anyone know whether or not Joe's fix should work for the PD6/ FD6 combination anyway?

Mucho cheers
              Paulo

Comment

Working...
              X