Platinum Samples Jim Scott pack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Platinum Samples Jim Scott pack

I am doing some beta testing of the new Jim Scott drum pack by Platinum Samples and it is amazing. There is a kit by Steve Ferrone and a kit by Chad Smith. The other kits are very good,but these kits are fantastic for E drummers.

The hi hat and ride play better than anything I have tried so far,and they sound very high quality. The drums have a nice detailed natural big sound with great room sounds. It is also easy to set them for a clear more intimate sound too.

This has become my go to E drum kit already. There should be some sound samples soon on the Platinum samples website.

Peter

Yeah, I'm giving myself the Andy Johns Pack for Christmas. I've got three rack toms and it seems to be the one with the most 4 tom kits.

Thanks for the info.

Steve
    No more V-drums; all acoustics now.

Comment

I haven't used that one ,but I am sure it is great. The Steve Ferrone kit in the Jim Scott pack has 4 toms.

Peter

Comment

I own BFD2 and i'm interested to hear if the Jim Scott or Andy Johns packs give any more dynamics range in the snares. I love BFD2 but a lot of the snares just don't have the dynamic range that the TD-20 has. I feel like I can only get a certain velocity range. Some snares are better than others and I don't think it's a config issue (might be wrong) since I've pretty much tried everything.

Keen to hear feedback on whether the expansion packs play better as well as sounding better.

Thanks

Comment

We now have some demos of the Jim Scott pack up on our web site.

Cheers,

Rail
          Platinum Samples
          www.platinumsamples.com

sigpic

Comment

I just pre-ordered Jim Scott...and word has it .. it is shipping tomorrow.. now I just need to have my Tracktion 3/BFD2 bug solved :-(

Pim
            Roland TD50, Roland PM30 and KC 550 Studio Capture /Dell XPS I7 32GB RAM Reaper,Superior Drummer,BFD3 (all exp. packs),SSD5 Ezdrummer 2, XLN Addictive Drums

Comment

I put up a demo in the studio forum with the Jim Scott drums. It will also be on the Platinum Samples site soon.
              http://vdrums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47502

Comment

Yes it it...

https://www.platinumsamples.com/Customer_Tunes.html

Cheers,

Rail
                Platinum Samples
                www.platinumsamples.com

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X