Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sd2 Rocks!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sd2 Rocks!!!

My V-Drums onboard sounds don't respond nearly as well as SD2 does. Positional sensing is worlds better, dynamics are crazy good, and the sound is absolutely fantastic. I got latency down to 4ms on the emu 0404 in acid pro 6. Best money I have ever spent on my V-Drums. I still need to do the ride bell mod.........that I JUST found out about! No wonder I had to clobber it to trigger a bell!

Glad to hear!

Man I dig that hair!

Sick!

TT

Comment

What is the ride bell mod that you're talking about? Because I'm using a Vdrum ride (CY-15R) with an Alesis Trigger IO and the bow triggers just fine...but the bell sound is really faint. And I have to smack it to trigger it.

Is the mod something you do to the TD-20 module? Or something in Superior 2.0 ?

Thanks

Gear: TD-12 module, CY-14C crash, Yamaha PCY-135 crash, CY-12R/C crash, CY-15R/C ride, CY-12C & FD-7 hi-hat setup, MDS-12 rack, PD-125 snare, PD-85 rack toms, PD-105 floor tom, Presonus FP10, MacBook Pro 13", Superior Drummer 2.3, Logic 9 Studio, JH Audio JH-5 Pro IEM, Sennheiser HD-280 Pro cans, Gretsch Renown maple acoustic kit (Zildjian cymbals, Remo heads, Gibraltar/DW hardware)

Comment

trevort: hahaha.....you would be disappointed if you actually saw me......I'm a skinny, white bread cracker, without a 'fro! I use that avatar for all my forums....folks love it. word.

bakerboy: If you search here for ride bell fix you will find a word .doc file that shows how it's done. You do open heart surgery on the cy15r, and put shim/s on the bell sensor to increase sensitivity so ya dont have to smack it so hard. Superpuss posted a video of her results. I've dealt with it for 6 years, and will definitely do the fix.

Comment

Originally posted by bakerboy View Post
          What is the ride bell mod that you're talking about? Because I'm using a Vdrum ride (CY-15R) with an Alesis Trigger IO and the bow triggers just fine...but the bell sound is really faint. And I have to smack it to trigger it.

Is the mod something you do to the TD-20 module? Or something in Superior 2.0 ?

Thanks
          you do it to the cymbal and invalidate your warranty:
          http://vdrums.com/forum/showthread.p...cy15r+bell+fix
          TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
          ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
          not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

^^^yeah, there's the link. My ride is 6 years old.......warranty shmorranty!

Comment

Working...
            X