Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hart Ecymbal II, Superior 2.0.1, Articulations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hart Ecymbal II, Superior 2.0.1, Articulations

Hi there everyone. I have been trying for a while, but I am incapable of getting proper hi-hat articulations with this setup. I looked at some threads here but none of the solutions seemed to transfer with the hart gear. Does anyone know how to get this working properly?

Also, if someone could help me figure out how to get my one-zone crash to choke when I grab the strip, I would appreciate it.

Thanks for your wisdom.

BTW, I am using an e-cymbal s and a td-10 as a midi interface.
    Last edited by Blaker; 12-01-08, 11:25 PM.

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36001

The only difference is that I'm using EZD. You don't mention what type of HH stand you're using with the Hart HH.

www.myspace.com/rubberuniverse
    TD-12, DTX502, SD1000, EZDrummer, Diamond Drum 12" snare, S1000 toms/cymbals/kick, PCY10/100/135/155, CY-5/14, Hart Ride, Hart Acupad 8" kick, Epedal Pro II, Concept 1 pads/cymbals, SD1000 & Roland V Sessions racks, PD-7, Kit Toy 10" splash, DMPad ride, SamplePad, PerformancePad Pro

Comment

Hey, sorry, forgot to mention. I am using the hart e-pedal that is attached to a real hi-hat stand. Comes with studio master kits.

Comment

Hi,
        for the hihat do the following:

Delete all midi note mappings you currently have. Go trough each (Open, Open 1 and so on) and press delete until you have a empty box.

Now we need to map 4 things.

1. Goto HatsCtrl and type CC4 in the box. This is for the CC data so S2 knows the position of the hats.
        2. Goto Closed Pedal, press learn, and press down your hihat footboard. Or better if you know what midi note your brain sends out when depresseing the hihat footboard, type that into the box.
        3. Goto HatsTrig, press learn and strike the edge of your hihat.
        4. Goto HatsTipTrig, press learn and strike the bow of your hihat.

That should be it for the hihat. For me this works perfectly.

As for choking, select your cymbal, goto the Envelope section, make sure the switch is in "aftertouch" position and the adjust release to about 80ms. That should also be it.

BTW, version 2.0.2 has been released.

Thanks,

Kari
        MegaDrum trigger to midi x 1,
        BFD 2,
        13" DIY snare,10", 12" and 14" DIY toms,
        VH-11 Hi-Hat x 1, Pearl RH-2000 Remote Hi-Hat,
        Hart ECII-12HHB Hi-Hat x 1,
        CY-12R/C Dual-Trigger Cymbal Pad x 1, CY-14C V-Cymbal Crash x 1,
        Hart ECII-16RB Ride x 1,
        13" and 14" Kit-Toys china,
        10" Kit-Toys splash,
        KD-8 Kick Trigger Pad x 1,
        Trick Pro1-V double bass pedal,
        MDS-6C Drum Stand x 1
        sigpic
        And ppl remember listen to Strapping Young Lad!

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffneck View Post
          Hi,
          for the hihat do the following:

Delete all midi note mappings you currently have. Go trough each (Open, Open 1 and so on) and press delete until you have a empty box.

Now we need to map 4 things.

1. Goto HatsCtrl and type CC4 in the box. This is for the CC data so S2 knows the position of the hats.
          2. Goto Closed Pedal, press learn, and press down your hihat footboard. Or better if you know what midi note your brain sends out when depresseing the hihat footboard, type that into the box.
          3. Goto HatsTrig, press learn and strike the edge of your hihat.
          4. Goto HatsTipTrig, press learn and strike the bow of your hihat.

That should be it for the hihat. For me this works perfectly.

As for choking, select your cymbal, goto the Envelope section, make sure the switch is in "aftertouch" position and the adjust release to about 80ms. That should also be it.

BTW, version 2.0.2 has been released.

Thanks,

Kari
          I have done that, it doesn't work for me. There must be something about the TD-10 that is different from your DIY.

Thanks very much for the tip with the cymbals though. I will try that.

Comment

Go to this video link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9BRq8mW6AE&fmt=18

In the "more info" area, you will find a download for the S2.0 project file I used. Since I also used a TD-10 for the HiHat, it should work for you. I don't think the Hart Ecymbal will make a difference ... but, of course, I do not have one to verify first hand. Did you have to do much to make the Ecymbal II stand and hihat work with the module itself?

With that file, you'll need to unzip the download. Then, in the S2.0 interface choose the "Presets" drop down menu and then "Load Project" nearer the bottom. Let the kit load completely and see what kind of HiHat response you have. Be detailed in what does or does not work, and I may have a suggestion or two based on that.

| Argos | Your Cloud | Lost In Germany | Life Wasted | Identity Crisis
            | The Xerophyte | Red Barchetta | Subdivisions or Drums Only |

Superior Drummer w/ Metal Foundry, dfhS samples and Platinum Samples Evil Drums.

Comment

This is what i found in the TD-10 Manual:

Control Change
              ❍ Modulation (Controller number 1)
              Status 2nd byte 3rd byte
              BnH 01H vvH
              n = MIDI channel number: 0H - FH (ch.1 - ch.16)
              vv = Modulation depth: 00H - 7FH (0 - 127) Initial value = 00H (0)
              * This is transmitted only on the channel which is assigned to the drum part.
              * If the SETUP MIDI CTRL settings Pedal CC or Zone CC are set to MODULATION, the
              specified parameter will be transmitted.
              ❍ Foot control (Controller number 4)
              Status 2nd byte 3rd byte
              BnH 04H vvH
              n = MIDI channel number: 0H - FH (ch.1 - ch.16)
              vv = Control value: 00H - 7FH (0 - 127) Initial value = 00H (0)
              * This is transmitted only on the channel which is assigned to the drum part.
              * This will be transmitted if the SETUP MIDI CTRL setting Pedal CC is set to FOOT CONTROL

Please check your Setup Midi CTRL, and make sure Pedal CC setting is set to foot control.

I do not own a TD-10 so i'm shooting in the dark here. You might find this information usefull.

/Kari
              Last edited by Ruffneck; 12-04-08, 07:33 AM.
              MegaDrum trigger to midi x 1,
              BFD 2,
              13" DIY snare,10", 12" and 14" DIY toms,
              VH-11 Hi-Hat x 1, Pearl RH-2000 Remote Hi-Hat,
              Hart ECII-12HHB Hi-Hat x 1,
              CY-12R/C Dual-Trigger Cymbal Pad x 1, CY-14C V-Cymbal Crash x 1,
              Hart ECII-16RB Ride x 1,
              13" and 14" Kit-Toys china,
              10" Kit-Toys splash,
              KD-8 Kick Trigger Pad x 1,
              Trick Pro1-V double bass pedal,
              MDS-6C Drum Stand x 1
              sigpic
              And ppl remember listen to Strapping Young Lad!

Comment

Joe_K: Thanks for the file. I tried it and the dynamics on my kit are somewhat better now.

Here's how my hi-hat reacts on your file:

-hitting the foot pedal produces the proper chick and closes the high hat if it is still playing
                -open hi-hat seems to work properly
                -When closed, the hi-hat still triggers as open. I repeat, I cannot get any closed hi-hat sounds with your project.

The module and the hart worked great - back when i had the tdw expansion in. I can't be certain now. This TD-10-exp was reset to a regular td-10, and the soundboard doesn't work properly anymore. The triggering is still perfect though.

And, I have had CC(4) selected for the most part. I tried other ones once i was trying to fix it, but they all are the same.

Comment

If you select the "closed" articulation in S2.0 and click the preview pad, do you hear the closed sound. Let's start there ... make sure the sound is actually loaded.

Superior Drummer w/ Metal Foundry, dfhS samples and Platinum Samples Evil Drums.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe_K View Post
                    If you select the "closed" articulation in S2.0 and click the preview pad, do you hear the closed sound. Let's start there ... make sure the sound is actually loaded.
                    Yes, the sound is loaded.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaker View Post
                      Yes, the sound is loaded.
                      OK. Are you running S2.0 within Toontrack SOLO? If so, my preset is designed so that the "MIDI Controller" is set to Default and the "CC Offset" is deselected (both options found within the SOLO MIDI menu.

If you are not running within SOLO, what are you running in and is there the possibility that the CC data is being filtered?

Finally, are you positive that your Hart Epedal is currently sending the full range of CC4 data (0 - 127)? If you can, record your MIDI data while exercising the HiHat pedal so that you can review exactly what data is being transmitted.

Comment

Working...
                      X